38

"yes, yunhee?" said eunha as soon as she picked up the call from her best friend.

"are you busy today? do you have anything planned for the day?" asked yunhee from the other end.

after humming and considering her schedule for a few seconds, she replied, "i'm not booked for the whole day, but i do have plans this morning at school. what's up?"

"no, i just want to catch up with you. wanna have our movie night later tonight?" replied yunhee.

"sure, i miss talking to you too. i'll text you when i'm done with my plans," said eunha.

the two friends then bid goodbye to each other just as eunha leaves her room with her bag in one hand and her phone in the other.

jaeminnie
8.07am

are you up?

i'm on my way to school.

i'll meet you later!

yeah, i'm awake.

alright, take care.

you don't have to rush,
i'll be home the whole day.

<3

eunha felt blood rush to her cheeks as she read the last text from jaemin. she then made her way straight to school, meeting up with jeno at the architecture room club.

she greeted jeno with her cheeks still tinted pink.

"you look like you're in a good mood. something good happened?" jeno said after returning her greeting.

her cheeks blushed into a darker shade as she shyly nods.

"why? jaemin finally confessed?" jeno guessed, he could only wished that wasn't the case.

"well not exactly, but we're getting somewhere, i think?" said eunha, covering her face with both her palms in shyness.

it was a mixture of grateful and disappointment that jeno was feeling with her action. he was glad she wouldn't be able to see the sad look of his yet he was also disappointed that maybe he would never be brave enough to tell her that he liked her.

"that's great, eunha." said jeno, trying his best to flash a sincere happy smile.

"enough of me, let's start our meeting." said eunha, cheeks still tinted pink.

and as agreed, the two started discussing on their project.

throughout the meeting, jeno had his focus on the project but it would be a lie if he said he wasn't bothered by his feelings. a small part of his mind kept contemplating whether or not to confess his feelings for her, even though he knew how it'd end.

"i think that's everything i needed to tell you about the project interview." said jeno, marking the end of their meeting after roughly an hour long of discussion.

"i'm still quite nervous about this but i'll do my best. you'll be there with me right?" asked eunha, her hands busy rearranging her papers.

jeno smiled, "of course."

"thanks, jeno." eunha said.

"do you have plans after this?" asked jeno as they both start packing their stuffs.