44

"thanks for the ride jen! see you two tomorrow," thanked seolhyun as jeno pulls up before her house.

jeno hummed before replying, "see you tomorrow!" and as soon as she exited his car, he landed a glare on his male bestfriend sitting on the passenger seat.

"what? did you two argue or something?"

donghyuck continued to pretend he didn't hear any of jeno's words with his eyes locked on the female figure entering her house.

"yah lee donghyuck. i'm not moving the car until you explain everything to me." said jeno, pulling up the hand break.

and as they continued to sit in the car in silence, jeno smacked donghyuck's thigh lightly, making the attacked let out a small whimper.

"what??"

"what's going on between the two of you?! why were you two so silent throughout the ride? why did i have to go through that awkward silence?"

"ah i don't know! just drive already, i need rest for tomorrow." whined donghyuck.

"ah i've seen this look before. you sure you don't want to chase her inside and tell her how you feel?" teased jeno.

donghyuck let out a small laugh, "no. but jeno, did you see her running to me earlier? she's never done that before! it felt so weird."

"are you sure it felt weird? i think you liked it though." jeno replied. as he feels as though the conversation was only starting, he turned his body and faced donghyuck.

"come on, tell me. that silent ride wasn't your typical friendship at all." jeno said.

donghyuck sighed, "you think so too, right?" and as he leaned his head backwards, another deep sigh leaves his mouth, "i don't know what to feel, to be honest."

"for more than a decade, it's always been clear that there's nothing else but friendship between us, you know? but now i'm not so sure anymore and it's so confusing to me. up until a moment ago, i've only seen her as a friend but now,"

"now i crave for more. i want more than just friendship with her and i'm not sure what pushed me to feel this way."

"every relationship starts with a friendship, hyuck. maybe the hug she gave you was the one that made you realized what your true feelings are." jeno said.

the younger sighed again, "so what do i do now, jeno? what if it's just me?"

"are hugs and skinships a thing for you guys?" asked jeno.

"no, not at all. that's why i was so surprised when it happened." and as another sigh left his lips, "ah i don't know what to do. i'll just brush the thought off. let's go, we don't want her to come back and ask why we're still parked in front of her place."

"well if you're in love, you may not be able to brush off the thought of her. it's scary to cross the line of friendship, so think about it some more. maybe then you'll realize what your true feelings are." jeno adviced, "and now that you're done sharing. let's go."

as jeno drives out of seolhyun's neighborhood, donghyuck started a conversation, "what about you? should i keep pretending as if you're not awkward around eunha at all or will you finally tell me something?"

"me? i'm fine though."

"yeah sure, you're fine but whenever eunha is around, you get restless. what's up with the two of you?" asked donghyuck straightforwardly.