21

"i'm home," eunha said in a slightly shouting manner, entering her house after hanging out with jaemin at the cafe.

she made her way straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, aware of her father's presence in the living room.

"what were you thinking?" her father asked as he entered the kitchen, whispering but with anger audible in his tone.

"what do you mean?" asked eunha, turning around to face her father who were already staring hard at her.

"why are you home late? were you out with a guy again?" his tone only became more and more harsh with each word he said.

"but it's only 8 o'clock." eunha muttered lowly, she wasn't sure herself if she wanted him to hear it.

"i don't care!" her father hissed, "i'll deal with you later in your room."

eunha heaved a deep sigh as she looks at her father walking into the living room.

taking a gulp of her water, she then made her way out of the kitchen, aiming straight to her room. just then, her father greeted eunha once again. but this time, he didn't sound harsh. instead, he sounded like a loving father - or at least that was what eunha thought.

"oh eunha!" he greeted, "sit here for awhile. i want you to meet someone,"

eunha stopped in her tracks to turn towards her father and noticed a woman, dressed in a black fancy-looking dress, around the same age as him sitting just next to him.

"this is seo eunha, my one and only daughter." he introduced eunha to the woman and eunha lightly bowed in response, "eunha, this is my business partner,"

"nice to meet you, eunha. i've heard a lot about you," the woman said as she made her way to eunha, offering a handshake.

eunha avoided her handshake like it was part of her reflex action. she had never liked the idea of her father bringing home a woman, whether she was his business partner or anyone at all.

"be polite, eunha. i'll be marrying her someday," her father smirked from his seat, but his glare was sending shivers over eunha's body.

"nice to meet you," eunha said quickly before rushing herself into her room.

locking her bedroom door behind her, she made her way straight to her bed. burying her head on her pillow, soft sobs were then heard in the room.

"mom, i'm sorry," eunha mumbled in between her sobs.

she then hurriedly made her way to a small cupboard right next to her bed. her hands busy taking all the bottles of antidepressant pills there were.

eunha hastily poured out a few pills onto her hand as she then walked back to get her glass of water.

eunha, stop.

"huh?" she questioned herself.

put the pills down. let's go take a walk, okay?

"who are you? you haven't been speaking up in awhile. why now?" eunha said, panicking with her hands full of pills shaking, enough for the pills to fall off her palm.

let's take a walk, okay? you're not alone.

eunha then unconsciously put down the pills in her palm, as if she was a robot, controlled by someone in her head. it was none other than rosé, that was taking over her.

you're safe, eunha.

that was all that the voice said before eunha changed herself into a turtleneck. she made her way out and managed to leave the house without her father noticing. he was in his room, along with his business partner he claimed earlier. now she's back outside in the dark night, alone with no one else but the voices in her head.