20

"good afternoon, eunha." greeted miss lee as she sat on the empty sofa before eunha.

"good afternoon, miss." eunha replied.

it's her second therapy session after the diagnosis. although she's still having a hard time accepting the fact, she remembered the promise she made to miss lee, as well as the promise she made to herself.

"how are you feeling today?" asked miss lee to start off the session.

"i've been feeling better this week, miss. compared to previous week." eunha commented.

"did you had a rough one last week?" asked miss lee, trying to make eunha speak of her week comfortably.

"yeah. the same week hits me really hard every year." eunha stopped, eyes landed on her fidgeting fingers before she continued, "last week was my mom's death anniversary week."

"i'm sorry for your loss, eunha." miss lee spoke as she hands over a few sheets of tissue to eunha who started tearing up upon speaking of her mom's passing.

"do you want to talk about it?" asked miss lee. as much as she wanted eunha to open up, she didn't want to push the young adult too much.

"do you mind if i do?" eunha asked.

eunha never shared her grief with anyone - not even her father, the only person she has left in her life.

but for the past few years, it felt like she was all alone in her journey of healing from losing her mom. the urge to let out all of the pain she's been carrying alone was very strong.

"of course i don't mind, my dear. everything that we speak of in here stays with us. you can share anything you want and i'll be happy to listen." replied miss lee and a smile instantly formed on eunha's face.

"it was mom's 12th death anniversary, last week. i lost my mom just a few weeks before i turned 8. she's always been the one to stay with me through every phase of my life. that night, she passed away from a car accident. it was a horrible one, the memory is still very clear in my head." eunha said.

"how did you cope with the loss?" the older asked.

eunha sighed, "i don't think i've ever coped with it," a tear then left her eyes once again.

"what about your father?" miss lee asked again.

"surprisingly, he coped with it quite well. he's a successful businessman. in every interview, he would mention that he was having a hard time coping with mom's death. to get people's support, that is. but just a month after mom's death, he started bringing another woman to our place, whom he claimed to be his business partner. i was young, but i wasn't dumb to believe what he said. i knew he moved on from mom's passing already and that fact pained me," eunha expressed.

miss lee remained quiet, knowing that eunha is yet to finish her rant.

"a lot of the times i wish i had it easy like him. but i just don't think that's right. mom has always been there for us. she died horribly. i wondered often how my father moved on so quick, as if all the time mom was there didn't matter to him at all. as time passed and as more of his business partners came over, i just couldn't help but feel hateful to my father." eunha continued.

"it's normal to grow hatred for others, even to our own family sometimes. people always say that hating on a parent isn't right. but what do they know? not everyone is good at parenting, so why do people expect everyone to love their parents? your feelings are valid, eunha. whatever you're feeling towards the whole situation, is valid. and no one can invalidate it." miss lee replied.