39

eunha walked alone to jaemin's house with a heavy heart. her mind couldn't stop thinking about jeno's confession.

she was scared. what if the break he asked for never ends? what if she'll lose a friend and a brother figure while trying to protect her relationship with jaemin?

questions of what-ifs kept flooding her mind and without realizing, she was already right in front of jaemin's door. she rung the bell, anticipating jaemin.

the man she was waiting for soon opened the door with a pale look yet his smile was greeting her.

"you're here," he said with a husky voice.

"jaemin, are you sick?" she asked, coming in the house with a worried look on her face.

her hands reached out to hold his, but he backed away with a cheeky smile.

"yes, i started feeling unwell yesterday. i'm dying to accept your touch but i don't want you sick. i almost told you to not come, but i didn't want you to cry again." said jaemin with a pout.

"why didn't you tell me? i could've came earlier." she said, still attempting to hold his hands.

"no, i don't want you sick too." he said, once again avoiding her touch.

"i took my time in school, not knowing you're sick." she sighed at herself.

"it's alright, i'm still fine on my own." he convinced. he walked back to the living room, where his mom were sitting silently on one of the couches.

"mom, i'll cook lunch, okay?"

it was the same scene unfolding before him. no replies, no acknowledgement.

he weakly walked to the kitchen with eunha following right behind.

"what are you planning to cook?" she asked, joining to stand next to him by the counter.

after a few seconds of humming, he replied, "i'll just cook a simple egg soup for mom. i don't think she'll eat yet."

"sit, i'll do it." she said, dragging the man to the chair.

"no, i can still do it." jaemin fought back.

"just sit and wait, okay? you're sick and i'm here to cook for both of you." she insisted, "just sit there and look pretty."

"alright," he reluctantly gave up with a pout, before joking, "i'll sit here and look pretty for you,"

he sat on the dining chair, his chin resting on his palm with his eyes locked to the lady. a smile eventually formed on his face after long moments of staring.

"are you a good cook?" he asked, watching her as she cleans the pot she just took from one of the cabinets.

she hummed then replied, "i'm an okay cook. rosé is a good cook and she's judging me right now. like how you're judging me too."

"no, i'm not judging. i trust you." jaemin said after laughing along with her. he raised his eyebrows when eunha turned around - it was either an act of convincing or an act of flirt.

"how was your day?" he asked.

"jaemin, it's not even 12 o'clock. what do you expect?" she laughed.

her mind wasn't exactly at peace. the thought of jeno confessing his feelings for her still bothered her.

"i'm bored. i don't know what to do." jaemin whined while kicking his feet on the floor.