02

eunha's pov

"eunha!" mark called one last time just before i entered the restroom.

please, stop.

"i'm sorry," i managed to mutter to the girl standing by the sink, stumbling my way through to the stall at the far end.

"are you okay?" she asked, half shouting from surprise as i closed the stall door behind me.

let me out.

"no, no, just please, stop." i said.

but these voices never stop, no matter how hard i try to fight. eventually they'll take over me.

end of pov

"hey? are you okay?" asked the girl from outside eunha's stall, knocking on the door a few times.

"is there anything i can do to hel-"

her words were cut off when the door suddenly clicks open.

"hey, are you okay?" she asked once again.

"i'm fine, thank you. and sorry," she said, looking down while fiddling her hands.

"it's alright. are you new here?" the girl asked again, eunha nodded in response.

"let's clean that mess first, okay?" she said, pointing at the stain on eunha's uniform. "i'm seolhyun, by the way. i'm in my third year."

"mark is waiting for you outside, he's been calling for you since you ran here. eunha, isn't it?" seolhyun asked, wiping the mess on eunha's uniform.

"yes," she replied, "t-thank you, seolhyun."

"no worries, eunha. there are a few cliques here in nct high school that you wouldn't want to mess with." she said.

"haerin, i hate her," eunha muttered as tears starts to fill the brim of her eyes.

"almost everyone hates her. but there's no need to worry, eunha. i'm sure the people here will protect you from her."

"you're good to go now," she said.

"you should talk to mark, he's probably worried," seolhyun said.

"t-thank you. i'm sorry for being a mess,"

"you're not. it's totally normal to feel scared,"

eunha wiped the tears on her cheeks before picking up her bag and making her way outside the restroom.

"eunha," mark called, running fast to eunha after leaning against the wall, "are you okay?"

"i'm fine, mark. i'm sorry for causing trouble," she said, hiding her puffy eyes by hanging her head low.

"you didn't. i'm sorry for leaving you in that situation," mark said with guilt evident in his voice.

"mark?" called seolhyun from behind eunha.

"seolhyun, hey." mark greeted as he walked next to seolhyun.

"what's her subjects? and what year is she in?" asked seolhyun privately.

"she's in her third year. architecture as her main, technology and maths. are you in the same class as her?" asked mark.