45

"WELCOME TO THE GRAND FINALE OF THE INTERSCHOOL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT. I AM SURE THAT EVERYONE THAT FILLED IN THE GRAND STAND IS ANTICIPATING A GREAT MATCH TODAY SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET'S WELCOME -"

"PLAYERS OF NCT HIGH SCHOOL!"

and the crowd grew louder just as the nct players walks into the court. the nct supporters were cheering loudly, loud enough that it almost drowned the sound of the emcee greeting the other finalist.

"i hope they'll win this round, too!" said seolhyun before using her voice to cheer on her friends in the court.

and after a few minutes, the whistle was blown and the match began. the energy of the supporters never once declining, so every second of the match were filled with cheers - some coming from the dreamies themselves.

"noona, are you okay? is it not too loud for you?" asked jisung after tapping on eunha's shoulder, screaming a little as he asks just so that she can hear him.

"i'm okay, jisungie," replied eunha in short, proceeding to give him a sweet smile.

"if it gets too loud for you, just let me know, okay?"

and their attention quickly shifted to the court, "chenle scored a goal," shared seolhyun, knowing the two missed his goal.

"ah really? i missed it!" whined jisung, while the rest of them laughed at his antics.

"don't worry, he'll score more." said jeno, ruffling the hair of the youngest.

and as if jeno could see through the future, team nct scored another goal, and another, and another.

by the time it was the halftime of the match, nct scored twice the amount of goals scored by their opponent.

the dreamies in the team came back to their friends, drenched in sweat and with an energy drink in their hand.

"look at them, they're so chill." teased weiyun as her younger cousin raised his eyebrows in return.

"are you guys not going to discuss anything with the other players?" asked jeno, as mark joined to take a quick rest next to him.

"we don't have to," boasted chenle.

donghyuck landed a soft slap on his back, "don't be too confident, chenle."

"hey, should we get chicken and watch a movie tonight if we win this match?" suggested mark all of a sudden, slightly screaming just so his voice can get through to his friends.

"deal!" said chenle almost immediately.

donghyuck nodded, before quietly saying "chicken will be chenle's treat."

"sure, that's fine with me." said chenle, nodding his head.

"rooftop?" asked jaemin, who were sitting right in front of eunha while she voluntarily massages his shoulder.

"will you be okay with that? we can hang at one of our places too though," suggested jeno, considering that the rooftop is one of their spot that is filled with memories of jinhye.

jaemin then replied, "i don't mind, of course."

"or we can go to chenle's house!" screamed jisung with full enthusiasm.

"yah i'm already getting the chicken!"

"ah it's alright, let's just discuss that once we actually win the match. let's get back to the game, boys." said mark, separating chenle and jisung from the small bestfriends quarrel they were in the middle of.