36

jaemin's pov

"sorry to keep you guys waiting." said mark-hyung as we entered the rooftop, where the rest of the dreamies were waiting.

the seating were arranged in a circle under the tent. i stared at the empty seats - one being next to eunha, the other three across her.

my eyes glanced over to her, but she wasn't at all interested in my presence.

"where do you want to sit, hyung?" asked chenle in a whisper.

i made my way to the empty seat right across hers. everyone started conversing and i had my stare locked on her but not a single glance of hers landed on me. their conversation didn't matter to me, i just wanted to have her attention for once but it didn't happen.

it hurts. the silent treatment hurts.

"what's up jaemin? did something happen while you were away?" mark-hyung said, snapping me out of my trance.

"ah right," i sighed. i wasn't sure how to start.

"i have a few things to share. but i'll start with the least serious thing right now." i sighed again, "i'm transferring from nct."

i could feel the weight of their stares on me. i tried to curve a smile but i, myself haven't fully accepted it yet.

"hyung-" jisung called.

"jaemin, why?" mark-hyung asked.

i looked straight and locked eyes with the lady across me. her eyes glistened but maybe it was just my wishful thinking that she's saddened by the news.

"why?" she mouthed. i couldn't hear her but i could decipher the word.

"jaem, that can't be the least serious thing right now, right? you must be kidding, right?" said jeno, voice shaking.

i sighed, "it is the least serious thing right now."

"take your time, jaem. we're here to listen." said haechan from my right, giving a pat on my shoulder.

"the other day, i found out my noona's cause of death." i started, glancing over at mark-hyung, only to be greeted with his hopeful look.

it was heartbreaking. what i am about to share isn't the ideal truth he's expecting. the harsh truth of noona not being here with us was already hard enough.

another sigh left my mouth, "she didn't kill herself. she was poisoned."

"by who, jaem?" mark-hyung asked instantly with his voice breaking and his eyes bleeding with pain, "was it haerin?"

i nodded, "haerin, her mother, my father. they were all involved in her death."

a tear soon escaped my eyes and when i looked up, everyone were teary-eyed but had a confused look.

"how-" chenle muttered but his words didn't get through as he started crying.

"haerin's mother planned it for her. she made a deal with my father, whom were never really fond of my sister. she gave him the poison disguised as pills and when noona visited him, he gave it to her. they also fabricated her autopsy results, making her death one caused by suicide rather than poisoning. i just found out about all of this, too."

as i explained, it was getting harder for me and the salty taste of tears started powering my taste buds.

"were your mother aware of this?" asked mark-hyung. i shook my head in response and sighs were heard from around me.