01

"what subjects are you taking, eunha?" asked mark just as the two starts walking down the hallway.

"i'm taking technology, mathematics and architecture as my main." she replied.

"okay then. this block is just the teachers' rooms. each subjects have their own room in this block. as for your technology, it's at the far end, just across miss kim's. architecture is here and maths at the other end. there are toilets in every corner in every block." he explained, pointing at the three directions.

"okay. can you help me find my teachers later? miss kim told me that i'll have to get my textbooks from them," eunha asked.

"sure, we'll come back here for your textbooks after the tour." he replied.

"we have a garden in the middle here. some students hang out here during break time and lunch hour." he said again, pointing to the garden area.

"the building to the right of the garden we can see from here is the science block. from the ground floor is for the physics students, going up to biology, chemistry and the 3rd floor is the psychology floor. i don't think that matters to you, but just in case anyways."

"on the left of the garden there is your technology and art block. technology is on the second floor, normal art subject is on the first floor and the ground floor is the architecture floor. now the last building across us is the humanities block. your mathematics will be on the ground floor, students taking geography on the first floor, sociology on the second floor, literature and law on the third floor."

"it's almost break time now, maybe we should head to the cafeteria first?" mark asked and she nodded in return.

"which school did you transferred from?" asked mark as the two walked to a place behind the science block, where students were slowly crowding into.

"ivy high school," eunha said, almost inaudible to mark.

"did you come here for architecture?" mark asked again as he led her into the school's cafeteria.

she nodded as a response but as mark wasn't looking, he thought she had just ignored his question. he turned around to look at eunha but was surprised to see eunha untying her long hair and letting it cover most of her face again.

"um here is the cafeteria," mark said.

"okay," she said in a very soft voice. "i don't feel like eating."

"it's alright. i'll have a quick discussion with my student council club for a minute. do you want to wait here, or-"

"i'll stay here." she cut off.

"alright. i'll be right back." he said before walking off to a table almost right in the centre of the cafeteria.

mark's pov

"hey hyung," greeted jeno, giving a wave when he saw me walking towards their table.

"hey jeno, where's donghyuck?" i asked because the two just had physics before break time.

"he stayed at the lab for some extra tutoring. what's the plan for later's meeting hyung?" he asked.

"right, about that. i know we were supposed to pick out some potential members but i think i will be a little late for the meeting. there's a new student and i have to bring her around the school. we still have some more place to go to." i explained, feeling guilty as the head of student council.

we have been planning for this meeting for awhile but it's been delayed a lot due to school events.

"it's fine, hyung. what do you want me to do with the members later? come up with assessment activities?" jeno asked.

honestly speaking, i feel grateful to have someone like jeno as my assistant. a very reliable person like him is a big help in handling student council things.

"i guess that'll do for now. i'm sorry that we have to delay it again. do inform the others about the meeting canc-"

i was cut off when i heard a loud bang from the entrance of the cafeteria.

eunha. i thought.

"hyung is that the new girl?" asked jeno from behind me as we both stare at the girl looking scared at the entrance.

"yes it's her," i replied fast before running over to the entrance.

i was surprised to see haerin in front of eunha, but that was when i knew eunha's first day wasn't a great one.

"oops, that was an accident," haerin said with a smirk to eunha, who looked very scared with her uniform stained from the coffee haerin spilled on her.

"haerin," i strictly called.

"oh hey mark, did you come for this one?" she asked, index pointing at eunha.

"when are you going to stop being a bully?" i asked, standing in front of her to block her from eunha.

"it's my title already. you have your title as the head of student council, then i'll have my title as the school bully. fair, right?" she said, "are you going to hit on her too, mark?"

"that's enough, haerin." i shouted.

unprofessional of me, i'd say but i'm not letting her talk of my past anymore.

"be ready to get called by the disciplines." i said before hearing eunha running.

"eunha!" i called after the running girl as she heads to the corner of the cafeteria block.

end of pov

of course there's a school bully here too. she thought.

"that's enough, haerin." mark, who was standing in front of her, shouted.

it was scary for eunha to see him suddenly shouting when he was all kind and nice.

stop. no.

"be ready to get called by the disciplines." mark said and that's when eunha felt like she was at the edge.

the pain was getting too much for her to handle. she ran out of the cafeteria as fast as she could to the nearest corner - where there are toilets as mark mentioned.

fixing her bag as she was running, letting her hair stick to her face that was wet of tears.

"eunha!" she heard mark from behind but she thought that it'd be better to be alone as fast as she could.

she ignored his repeated shouting and ran faster, only to bump into someone's chest.

and of course i had to bump into someone. she thought as the top of her head bumped into someone's chin.

"hey careful, are you okay?" he asked as he grabbed eunha by her arms to help her gain her stability.

"it's fine, i'm sorry." she said quickly before running away again, still heading for the toilet.

"hyung, why are you in such a hur-"

"oh jisung, did you saw a girl running?" mark asked, trying to catch his breath.

"yeah i think she was headed to the toilet. what's happe-"

"thanks jisung, i'll handle it." mark said, giving a pat on the young man, whose name is jisung before running off again.