10

"hey," called mark to the girl busy packing her stuffs from her locker into her bag.

"oh hey, mark." eunha replied as she turned around.

"are you heading home?" he asked and eunha nodded in response. he scratched the back of his neck, looking uncertain of what he was going to ask, "can i drive you home?"

his question shocked eunha. after all, she didn't want to be associated with the school's famous clique that just happened to break up before she came.

"i'm sorry if that surprised you. i just want to clarify some things and i thought maybe it'd be better to do it alone," mark said, looking uncomfortable.

"are you sure that's a good idea? i mean, wouldn't hae-"

"wouldn't haerin be watching?" mark cut off eunha from her words, "she will. but trust me. if you let me explain things to you, you'll understand why i'm doing this. i'm trying to protect you, eunha."

"okay, mark." eunha replied after hesitating for awhile.

mark smiled at eunha's agreement. he hurriedly closed his locker door and informed her, "i have to get some stuffs from the scr. i'll be back in a while. wait for me at the parking lot. i'll meet you there,"

eunha nodded and mark instantly rushed away. she heaved a sigh as she made her way outside the admin block.

you don't just trust anyone, eunha.

"shut up. i trust mark." she said to the voice in her head.

don't worry, i'll protect you if anything happens.

"i don't need you to protect me, okay? i'll be fine on my own." she hissed at herself.

but little did she know, a pair of eyes were eyeing her as she speaks to herself.

"i've said it before, but i'll say it again," spoke a voice from behind her just as she arrived by the parking lot.

"eunjin?" she said, glaring at the girl standing next to her.

"stay away from mark. or you'll regret it." eunjin said, giving a sharp stare as her lips curve to form a small smirk before walking away.

"eunha?"

"oh hey. chenle, right?" asked eunha in return.

"yeah! are you not heading home, yet?" he asked, tugging to the straps of his school bag as the girl next to him gave eunha a wave.

"uh yeah i'm heading home, soon. what about you two?" she asked as she then saw jisung approaching them while running, to which mark was following right behind.

"yeah we're just waiting for jisung-"

"i'm here!" jisung shouted in excitement as he joined the three.

"hey, you ready to go?" asked mark to eunha as he arrived not long after jisung.

"oh! are you driving eunha noona, hyung?" jisung asked.

"keep it low, jisung." mark said after he nodded to jisung's question.

"sorry,"

"i guess we'll get going, then." mark said as he turned to eunha.

"yeah we'll be going too. see you two on monday!" said jisung.