☆ 8 - Aftermath ☆

After a moment, he slowly sits up straight from you, his chest still heaving, along with yours.

There's an awkward bit of silence between you both.

Neither of you seem to quite know what to say.

You put your knees together, as he shuffles back from you a bit, not bothering to button his pants up.

You expect him to get off the bed and leave, but he doesn't.

He crawls next to you, gently pushing strands of your hair from your face as he leans in, kissing your forehead.

You swallow the lump in your throat and climb out of the bed, sheepishly making your way into the bathroom to clean yourself up.

You can feel his eyes on you the whole time until you close the bathroom door.

You shower, carefully washing the soreness between your legs, your mind still struggling to comprehend what just occurred.

Part of you still isn't quite sure it happened and you half expect JungKook to not be there when you finally step out of your bathroom but there he is.

Still laying there on your sheets, his clothes removed aside from his boxers, eyes closed, now snoring softly.

Although you want to wake him up and shoo him out, you don't, instead dropping a blanket over him and crawling onto the opposite side of the bed, your body nearly instantly shutting down the moment your head hits the pillows.

When the sound of your phone ringing wakes you up, you aren't sure you've slept at all, until you see the sunlight filtering through the heavy curtains.

You groan as you roll over, the hangover you didn't want immediately weighing your body and mind down.

"Hello?..." You answer with an unalerted, croaky voice.

"Maenijeo-nim?" Namjoon's concerned sounding voice comes thru the phone and you're almost instantly fully awake.

"Oh! Namjoon-ah, hey! What's wrong?" You blurt out, sitting up quickly.

"Well, it's probably not serious, but it's about JK..."

Your body tenses and you swallow hard.

"Wh-why? What's happened?"

"Well, we can't find him. Taehyung said he never came back to the room last night and he's not answering his phone..."

Your mind recalls last night and you slowly turn to look over your shoulder to see Jungkook on your bed behind you, still asleep.

"Umm, don't worry..." You tell Namjoon, while your eyes travel along Jungkook's sleeping form.

"I, uh, spoke to him last night, so I know where he is. In fact, he called a while ago & so he should be on his way back quite soon."

"Ahh! Okay, so we don't need to worry then!" Namjoon laughs into the receiver.

"Yeah... I should have called to let you know but I fell back to sleep.." You say softly, as your eyes land on Jungkook's sleeping face, looking so content and calm.

"Ahh, okay, okay!" Namjoon chirps into your ear. "I'll let you get back to your rest! Thanks, Y/N!"

You mumble a reply and hang up the phone, setting it onto the bedside drawer, dragging your hands down your face & as you do, you hear the ruffling of the bed behind you.

You tense up again immediately as you feel a hand gently place itself in the middle of your back & slide down, fingers leaving tingling in their wake.

You slowly turn to look at him.

He's propped himself up on his left elbow, his dark eyes watching you curiously.

"You lied to hyung.." He says softly, scooting himself closer to you.

You clear your throat nervously, moving yourself to the edge of the bed in an attempt to get up from it but was you do, his hands grab your oversized shirt you'd thrown on after your shower, which is rolled up a bit around your waist.

"Don't..." He tugs gently on the fabric, big doe eyes staring up at you.

"Don't get up yet, noona..."

"I have too, Jeon. And so do you." You say, purposefully calling him by his surname, hoping he'll get the hint but even if he does, he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to move.

You stand up, attempting to straighten your shirt when you realize you are going commando & flashes of JungKook's overzealous desire in removing your panties & his tossing them carelessly over his shoulder & your laziness after getting out of the shower flood into the forefront of your thoughts.

You sigh, quickly pulling your shirt down & turning to JungKook, who still lay on your bed, watching you.

"You need to get up.." You tell him, attempting to sound stern but you know that's not how you sound, at all. "You gotta get back to your room. And you have to go wash up..."

He sighs, rolling off the bed and grabbing his clothing, slowly putting them back on.

You wait until he's done, then head to the double doors and wait for him again.

He looks like he's been scolded, his head hangs a bit & he's fiddling with the buttons on his shirt.

You feel bad as you lead him to your hotel room door but this was a mistake and as much as you may have enjoyed it, you couldn't and wouldn't risk your job again.

As you place your hand on the door knob, he places his hand on yours, looking down into your eyes intensely.

There's a sea of emotions in his eyes that you can't decipher and you gulp hard under his stare.

"Noona..." He whispers, seemingly as softly as he can.

"Umm.. I.. I liked last night..."

You feel your face begin to heat up and your heart race at his words and you try hard to force the feelings down.

"I, uhh... I want to... see... to see you again..."

You look up and you're surprised to see his face is red & he is looking down to the floor.

"JungKook, I'm sorry..." You whisper back to him. "But this can't happen again... It's too... too risky, okay?"

He raises his eyes to meet yours, the disappointment evident on his face but he smiles at you, nodding his head.

"Then... can we still be close? "He steps closer to you.

"You'll let me stay close, won't you?.." He pauses, his hand that's still on yours, gently squeezing. "Will you still be close to me?"

You look into his eyes & see his big eyes sparkling with hope.

"Sure," You lie. "Of course, JungKook."

He smiles that cute bunny smile you've gotten used to seeing, his nose wrinkling as he does.

You open the door, giving him a gentle push out.

He smiles at you again before walking off in the direction of the elevators. You watch him until he's inside of the elevator & the doors close on him.

You sigh, closing your door, running your hands thru your hair. 'Oh my god, what am I gonna do?' You think, pacing back and forth.

You could only hope and pray that no one saw him with you or seen him go into your room last night.

You realized, when he'd looked at you on the bed & at the door, there was no way you'd be able to be around him at work.

You were going to avoid him.

And so you did, in spectacular fashion.