☆ 43 - Meet The Parents ☆

The days following the party were hectic to say the least.

The boys were supposed to have a few months to relax but due to last minute dealings, the boys could only get a month to relax and do their own thing.

They didn't waste any time, the guys all choosing what they wanted to do and where they wanted to go.

Jungkook seemed extremely excited to have you going with him to meet his family in Busan.

You couldn't deny how panicked you were feeling and it really showed the few days after the party when Jungkook reminded you about it.

You had let it slip your mind heading up to XvX's debut and hadn't even set up a manager to take over but thankfully, your savior extraordinaire, Song Jaehyun stepped up to cover for you.

"Don't worry, I got you." He'd beamed as you practically had a meltdown in your office upon realizing your mistake.

"It's not a big deal. I'll deal your new kids, you go meet your future in laws."

You'd given him a sharp punch on his arm for that comment.

He dramatically recoiled like you'd actually done damage, a look of mock horror on his face, while you gave him a deadpanned look as you marched out of your office to go pack for the trip.

Jungkook had told you he planned to stay with his parents for at least 2 weeks and that he'd wanted you to stay with him the whole time. Although you really didn't want to, you ultimately decided you'd stay with him during the whole trip.

Now, you sat next to Jungkook on a train headed towards Busan, your hands twisting your long sleeved gray dress over your black leggings, your heart feeling like it's thrashing around in your chest from nervousness.

You were about to meet his parents.

On one side, you were happy about this. It made you feel like Jungkook was exceedingly serious about moving forward with you at his side.

But on the other, you worried whether his parents would like you. You were older than him and although you felt the both of you had similar plans, you couldn't help but feel discouraged at how you sometimes felt you'd weigh him down in the future.

You didn't know what to do with those thoughts and although you struggled and pushed them down and hid how you felt, it was now rising even more to the surface, the closer you got to the intended destination.

"Hello? Are. You. Okay?"

Your eyes widen and you turn to face Jungkook, who sat next to you.

"I'm s-sorry, what?" You stammer.

He chuckles a bit, bumping your shoulder with his.

"I've been talking to you for a few minutes. You were off in your own little world." He snickered, poking your cheek with his finger.

"Ah, I'm sorry.." You murmur, holding your shirt a little tighter.

"Don't worry so much, Y/N." He reaches into your lap, grabbing your right hand, bringing it to his face and planting a soft kiss to the back of it.

"Yeah, I know, I know. I mean, you say that but-"

"No buts." He cuts you off quickly, giving you a mock pout. "They know a lot already and they wanted to meet you. It will be fine, you'll see."

You give him a small smile and he squeezes your hand gently between his.

"I'm here for you, Y/N. If you feel uncomfortable, just rely on me."