☆ 18 - Just Being Friendly, Right? ☆

The next couple of days went by awkwardly for you, feeling somehow trapped between Taehyung just being friendly, in your opinion & JungKook's jealousy, that seemed to be boiling over.

Anytime Taehyung would be near you, a wild Jungkook would appear, seemingly out of no where, an arm thrown over your shoulder like he was your best friend or just hovering, injecting himself into whatever conversation you & Taehyung would be having.

You'd taken to eating in the hotels bar to avoid another instance of JungKook's minor jealous outbursts of Taehyung (or anyone else for that matter being in your room with you alone) & Taehyung didn't mind at all.

He'd eaten dinner with you in the bar nearly every day for the past few days, occasionally you'd have a few other members join as well, including Jungkook, who's eyes were constantly on you.

With just a couple of days before the concert, the guys were busier than ever & so were you.

You still had to check on the other bands you were helping manage, like tonight, where you sat in a corner booth in the hotel bar, laptop in front of you, your second glass of wine next to you.

"Hey, noona." Taehyung's voice chirped suddenly, making you look up.

He slid into the booth next to you, flashing you a quick smile as he scooted into the seat.

"Hey, Taehyung," You smiled back. "What are you up too? Did you eat already? I can order you something if you haven't."

"I ate with hyungs earlier," He says, taking your glass of wine & taking a sip. "What about you? Did you eat?" 

You give a nod, taking back your glass of wine from him before he drank the rest, swatting at his still open hand, causing him to chuckle while he wiped off his mouth.

"I guess I'll order my own, then." He says, laughing.

He flags down a waiter, who takes his drink order & your refill before scurrying off.

Taehyung turns back to you, a somewhat serious look across his face.

"Noona," He says softly, quietly. "I hope... that this doesn't offend you but.... Is there something between you & Jungkook?"

You choke on the breath you were attempting to take in, shooting him a wide eyed stare, as he simply stared back at you expectantly.

"N-no, not at all..." You stammer, clearing your throat & focusing your eyes on your laptop screen, mainly just trying to avoid Taehyung's eyes.

"Well... He seems to like you quite a bit," He comments, cocking his head to the side as he watches you. "He's always around you recently. A lot more than usual."

"Its just he's... having a hard time... and we're close so..." You realize as the words fall from your lips how bad your lie is but if he knows, he doesn't show it.

Taehyung sits back as the waiter suddenly reappears, placing your glass & his on the table before bowing deeply & scurrying back off again.

"So.. can I ask a favor of you?" He asks, his deep voice rolling like thunder through your body but in the back of your mind somehow, a wild Jungkook is there...

You squeeze your eyes shut & nervously tap your fingers on the table a part of you feels like you should say no but you don't.

"Sure, what did you need?"

"I wanted to... to know if.. if you'd let me... kiss.. you.."

You stop tapping your fingers & stare at your hands as they begin to slightly tremble.