☆ 39 - Forgive Me ☆

The next morning, you wake up groggy, wanting nothing more than to stay there and avoid going to work and running into Jungkook but you know it's a luxury you can't afford.

You lazily roll out of bed, showering and dressing in a pair of comfortable, black suit pants, a white button up blouse and a black suit jacket to match.

You check the time after fixing your hair and makeup, realizing you'd be nearly 30 minutes early, which meant you'd highly likely avoid seeing any of them when you showed up.

You hail a taxi instead of taking your car and when you arrive, tip the cab driver generously. You walk inside, somewhat nervous and you greet the receptionist, who as usual, gives you a bright smile.

"Mr Song has yet to arrive, Ms L/N but I have some paperwork left for you and he, if you'd like to grab it." She chirps.

You smile and nod, giving her a small bow while taking the manilla folders from her. You hop into the elevator, sighing to yourself and shuffle your feet waiting for your floor.

Knowing for certain now that Song wasn't here yet meant that the boys weren't either, which made you relax a bit. When the elevator reached your floor, you darted out, quickly rushing to your office to avoid talking to anyone and lingering too long in the lobby area.

You didn't want to be there when they showed up with Song.

You closed the door to your office and locked it, making your way to your desk and unloading your messenger bag, placing Song's papers on the corner or your desk.

The day went by fast, surprisingly.

Halfway through the day, you sent an intern to Song's office with the paperwork that the receptionist had given you that morning.

He texted you soon after saying thank you but said nothing more and you were relieved for that. 

The day ended with you not seeing, nor hearing from Jungkook.

And the day after that.

And the day after that, as well.

Soon, 3 days had passed without word from him but you couldn't be sure if he was avoiding you just as you were him or if it was just work keeping him busy.

You knew, better than anyone, they would be busy working on their new material and with the new artists they were collaborating with, so you weren't worried too much.

But then again, you were avoiding him too.

You place the itinerary paperwork into your folder and sigh into your hands as you glance over the computer screen to check the time. It was Thursday evening, after 7pm and most of the employees would be about to leave or would have already left for the day.

That included Song and usually, the boys as well. You rolled your shoulders and winced, feeling how tight and sore the muscles in your upper back and neck felt.

You sit for a moment and contemplate getting a massage when you remember there is a heated pool on the first floor and that you may have spare clothing in your office closet.

You quickly check and are happy that you'd been lazy and not cleaned out the closet, as a backpack with extra clothes, your gym clothes and your swimming suit were still tucked away in the bottom of it.

You gathered the clothing and changed into your swim suit, a solid back, whole suit with an open back that had crisscrossed ribbons, covered up with a pair of baggy capris and an oversized shirt.

You packed your backpack, shoving your work suit inside, your purse and your phone and headed out of your office, taking the elevator down to the first floor.