☆ 40 - A Better Man ☆

You shift your bag over your shoulder and close your eyes with an annoyed sigh.

He continues to stare you down, almost scowling at you.

"Seriously, Jungkook?.." You grumble at him. You honestly didn't feel like talking and you were agitated with the way he was speaking to you. "Jungkook, I'm headed home. If you want to talk, we can do so tomorr-"

"No, we need to talk now. I called you a few minutes ago, why didn't you answer? And why were you hiding in Manager Song's office?"

You look up at his face and frown.

'He didn't speak to me for days and now he wants to demand things from me?' You think as you shift the bag on your shoulder again.

"Listen, Jungkook," You say quietly but as sternly as you could. "I'm tired. I'm going home. Whatever this is can wait."

His mouth opens in a bit of disbelief as you step around him and begin making your way down the hallway towards the elevator.

'Maybe I'll be able to just go..' You think but just as the thought releases in your mind you hear his footsteps thudding up behind you and you groan internally.

He quickly passes and stops in front of you, blocking your path.

"Y/N, this is important. We need to talk, NOW. Don't ignore me like that."

"You're acting like a brat..." The words slip past your lips before you can stop them and you drop your head, immediately regretting it.

He stares down at you and sighs, fiddling with his jacket zipper.

"I know.." He murmurs, taking a small step towards you. "But I wanted to tell you I'm sorry for-."

"Jungkook-"

"Listen, I really am!" He bursts out loudly to you. "I was... Hyung told me I was being a brat, too.. I'm sorry I didn't let you explain and I know I don't deserve it but.."

He steps closer, taking your left hand in between both of his and squeezing it.

"But I want to talk and I promise I'll listen to you. Can you please just.. Just talk to me?"

You sigh and shift your bag once more.

"I guess.. Make it quick." You mumble.

He straighten up, squaring his shoulders as he gives your hand another squeeze.

"Actually.. C-can you meet me? There's a restaurant I like nearby. I'll call and see if they can accommodate just the two of us, privately. Or maybe a hotel may be better.."

You look at him with a raised brow and his ears begin to turn red.

"No, no! That's not.. I'm not.. I'm not trying anything, I promise!" He blurts out, now looking nervous, rubbing the back of his neck.

You refrain from smiling at how cute he looked and give him a nod.

"The restaurant sounds fine, Jungkook. Just text me where and when."

"Oh! O-okay! I-I will!" He stammers, his face blushing as you give him a bow.

You step around him and his beaming red face and get to the elevators, again, holding back your smile.

You make your way out of the building, taking a taxi to your apartment. Once there, you quickly shower and dress comfortably in a pair of leggings and a long shirt with a sweater.

It's nearly 9pm when you recieve a text from Jungkook, stating that a ride would be parked outside for you in a few minutes.

For some reason, you feel nervousness roll over you and you can't help the trembling of your body.