~7 Pushing It 😡

|The Present:|

|The Present:|

Stefan sat across from Damon skimming through every book he could get his hands on. He really did want to help his brother get back the woman he loved but as he sat across from Damon, he started to wonder if his brother fell in love with Bonnie for the right reasons. He wondered if Damon truly loved her and only her and if that love was caused to replace Elena,  who he never thought he'd see again.

"I know it's hard not to look at me at all times, brother, but you could at least not make your staring so obvious," Damon said suddenly, not bothering to meet his younger siblings gaze. "People might start talking."

Stefan sighed. "I've been thinking."

"That's never a good thing." Damon groaned.

"I'm serious Damon." Stefan scolded him.

Damon, with a heavy sigh, placed his book down and met Stefan's gaze. "I'm all yours little brother."

Stefan nodded. "You said that you were in love with Bonnie - "

"Correction, little brother, I said that I am in love with Bonnie. As in I am still in love with her." he corrected.

"I stand corrected.  Anyway, I say that because I'm curious. How do you know that she's not just a replacement for Elena?" he questioned.

Like Damon, he had used the band-aid affect.

"What?" Damon growled, glaring daggers into his younger siblings head.

"Look, Damon, I'm not trying to upset you - "

"A litte to late for that, brother." he hissed.

"Look, Damon, all I'm asking is could you have mistaken you're newly found friendship, with Bonnie, for something that it wasn't?" Stefan asked softly. "The both of you were lost to the people you love and care about,  forcing the both of you together. It wouldn't be a shock if that's what happened."

Damon took a deep breath and kept his eyes on his brother. "You're right, Stefan, Bonnie and I were forced together.  We died together," Damon hissed softly. "We were all the other had left, that connected each other to our life here, in a world where only her grandmother knew who we were."

Stefan sighed.

"I know that and I don't mean to piss you off, Damon, but, is it possible that because of that, because you were all the other had and you thought you'd never see Elena again, you pushed your feelings onto Bonnie?"

Damon stood from his seat and glared murderously down at him. "You're really pushing it, little brother."

Getting to his feet, Stefan stepped around the table, that seperated him and Damon, and stood before him.

"You're my brother and I want to make sure that what you are feeling, what you believe you are feeling for Bonnie, is real. I don't want you to wake up one day and realize that you never loved her but that you thought you loved her because she was the only connection that you had to Elena. I don't want what happened to Elena to happen to Bonnie. She, of all people, doesn't deserve that to happen to her, ever."