~8 First Step ☝

|The Other Side: Past: Five Months In|

Bonnie rolled her eyes as Damon moved to stand beside her

Bonnie rolled her eyes as Damon moved to stand beside her. "So, how's it going, grams?" he smiled wickedly.

Shelia glared at him before she turned her attention back to Bonnie. "Have you figured out a way to get back to your time?"

Bonnie shook her head. "It's impossible, grams. I have no magic here."

Shelia looked shocked for moment before her expression softened. "I can teach you."

"Teach me? How? I don't have my magic." Bonnie said.

"You do but you have to access it. This is a different time and a different world. Things here are different," Shelia said softly and cupped her cheek. "You just have to be retaught. That's it."

Bonnie glanced over at Damon then turned to her grandmother. "That would be amazing, grams."

Both ladies turned and walked into the house and as they were about to close the door, Damon's voice sounded from behind them

"Uh, ladies."

Bonnie and her grandmother turned around to find Damon trying to enter the house but unable to.

"What?" Shelia asked in an annoyed tone.

"Well, since I am your grandson-in-law, shouldn't I be invited in?"

Shelia glared at him. "No." she said.

Damon turned his gaze onto Bonnie. "Bonbon?"

Bonnie shrugged.

"This is her house. Looks like you're going to have to just listen in." she said before her grandmother used her magic to shut the door in his face.

"How you put up with him I will never know." Shelia groaned.

Bonnie laughed at her grandmothers annoyance with Damon. "I want to kill him most of the time, believe me." she says.

"I have to say that I am surprised that you haven't done it yet." she said.

"I CAN HEAR YOU!" Damon yelled through the door.

"Shut up, Damon!" Bonnie snapped.

|Later That Day|

Bonnie had yet to figure out how to conjure up her magic and she was getting really frustrated.

"Baby girl, get some rest and we can try this another day." Shelia said and she kissed Bonnies hair.

"...but grams..."

"Don't grams me, Bonnie Bennett. These things take time and you need rest. Now, go home and I will see you soon." she scold her granddaughter.

Bonnie kissed her grandmother's cheek before she walked out of the front door.

"Shit, wife of mine. You took your time in there. You look ready to drop like a sack of potatoes." Damon's voice drifted to her ears the moment she stepped out onto the porch.

Bonnie rolled here eyes.

"Thanks, annoying husband of mine, I didn't think you cared." she spat as she made her way down the walk and out into the streets.

Damon appears beside her. "Of course I care," he said looking at her,"You're our only way out of this hell hole they call an afterlife." he said.

"Drop dead, Damon." she hissed, picking up her pace.

"Uh, reality check sweet heart, I already did that." he teases.

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around herself. The air had gotten colder while she was inside with her grams. Damon noticed her shivering so he dramatically took off his coat and wrapped it around her.

"Can't have you getting sick and annoying me even more than you already do." he said.

Bonnie ignored his remark and snuggled into his jacket,"Thank you." she said.

|The House|

Bonnie stood over the stove stirring the pot of Spigetti and took out the corn bread for her and Damon for dinner tonight. Now, because Damon was a vampire she mixed his portion of food with the blood bags he had stored in the basement.

"Dinners ready." she called to him as she set their plates down.

Damon appeared in the kitchen and sniffed the air,"Smells amazing in her wife." he said as he took a seat at the table.

"Wash your hands first, Damon." she scold.

Damon glared at her before moving toward the sink and washing his hands.

"Happy?" he asked with a fake smile.

"Very. Now shut up and eat." she said.

"You do know I won't be able to actually enjoy this, right?" he groaned.

Bonnie just looked at him,"Just eat it, Damon."

Dramatically, he sighed and picked up a portion of spigetti on his fork, looked at it, then put it into his mouth. He chewed slowly but then stopped and lifted his gaze toward Bonnie who was busy looking at the news paper.

Swallowing his food, Damon opened his mouth to say something but Bonnie beat him to it despite her eyes still being on the paper.

"You're horrible at hidding things. I found the blood bags hours ago," she lifted her gaze to meet his. "Seeing as we are stuck here together, I thought I would help make it a little easier on you or at least make you feel...human again in some way. So, I added blood to your portion of the food. " she said.

Damon glanced down at his plate then met her gaze once more. He hadn't expected that from Bonnie at all.

"Thank you, Bonnie." he said honestly.

Bonnie gave him a small smile and a nod," You're welcome. Now eat before it gets cold." she said before turning her attention back to the newspaper.