~15 In Love 💖

"Elena-" Bonnie started but before she could say anything else, Elena had pushed Caroline out of the way and was reaching for her neck. Bonnie, quick on her feet, side stepped her and quickly put up a defense wall around her, Caroline and Damon. She really didn't want to hurt her friend but Elena was acting crazy.

"Elena, listen to me!" Bonnie hissed.

"Why should I listen to a word you have to say? You took Damon from me!" Elena hissed as she began banging on the invisible wall between them.

"I did not take Damon from you! We're not even together!" Bonnie snapped.

"I heard you guys! I heard Damon say that you're married to each other!" Elena snapped, glaring at her.

"Yes, we are, but on the other side and that was not our doing. We both woke up to find that we were married to each other somehow. We didn't knowingly get married or throw a damn wedding, Elena." Bonnie glared at her. "I would never do that to you and you should know that."

"So, you – you don't love him?" Elena questioned, almost calmed down.

Bonnie casts Damon a look over her shoulder. She'd made herself a promise that she would be honest and tell him how she felt, tell him that she loved him, because she truly did, when she saw him again. And here was her moment. She couldn't lie to him now, not after listening to him pour his heart out to her the way he did. It was so not Damon Salvatore like to have him speak so fondly of her, or anyone else for that matter.

But could she really hurt her best friend just to tell Damon how she feels? Could she really risk her friendship to tell the man her best friend loves so much that she, too, loves him more than she ever thought she had the strength to? Is she destined to always make the sacrifice to spare her friends feelings at her own expense like she has been doing during their entire friendship?

Bonnie took a big breath and turned back to Elena. "No, Elena, I don't love Damon."

Damon hid the hurt look that nearly took hold of his features at listening to Bonnie tell Elena that she doesn't love him.

Elena, on the other hand, let out a sigh of relief and smiled

Elena, on the other hand, let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "Good. I know you couldn't feel the same way about him."

"I don't love him, Elena because I'm in love with him." Bonnie added.

Bonnie watched Elena's lips turn down and her face twist up into confusion and anger once again. But, she didn't care. All her life, all Bonnie Bennett ever did was try and please everyone around her, in her life, and for what? To make them happy and herself miserable? How was that fair? How could she allow herself to jeopardize her own happiness in order to spare the feelings of those who claim to care about her? If they really cared about her, they'd see what all of her sacrifices was doing to her.

She'd lost so much already. Her mother, her grams and her father. Everyone she loved and cared about. She's sacrificed almost everything she had left and where had that gotten her? Heartbroken. Dead on many occasions. Trapped on the other side. But no more. She was not going to allow herself to lose Damon Salvatore too. It was finally time to choose Bonnie and her happiness over everything and everyone else for once.