~9 Voicemail 📱

|Present Time|

Damon sat on Bonnies bed staring at a picture of her in his jacket

Damon sat on Bonnies bed staring at a picture of her in his jacket. It had gotten chills so Elena gave her his jacket, without his permission of course, to keep her warm. He'd remember snatching it from her when she took it off. Now, he'd do anything to see her in it once more, to give it back to her. Taking out his phone he dialed her number.

It went straight to voicemail.

Shocker there.

'Hi, this is Bonnie, leave me a message.'

"Really? That's it? The one time I am actively seeking out the sound of your voice this is all I get?" he groaned,"Perfect." he sighed."I just wanted to say Thank You. If it weren't for you I never would have gotten the chance to see my brother again or Alaric or Enzo."

His phone beeped and he looked to see that it was Alaric."I also just wanted to say that I miss you and that I am also doing every thing I can to bring you back." the door behind him is pushed open,"I love you, Bonnie Bennett." he said just before he ended the call.

"Damon?" It was Caroline.

"I thought you were Elena." he said in relief.

"You do know that you can't avoid her forever."

"Have you met me?" he asked with a smirk.

Caroline noticed the picture of Bonnie in his hand,"I miss her, too, you know." she said and moved to sit next to him.

"Yeah, I know." he said as he placed the picture back onto the side table.

"We're going to get her back, Damon, "she placed a comforting hand on his and lowered her head onto his shoulder, "I will do whatever I have to in order to bring my sister home to you."

Damon noded and rested his head on hers,"Thanks Blondie."

|Later at Salvatore Mansion|

Alaric pulled up to the Salvatore Manor and rushed to the door and instead of knocking he walked in.

"It's rude to just walk into someones home without an invitation." Damon said with his back to him.

"I've been calling you all day." Alaric said as he moved toward the standing vampire.

"I noticed."

"Why haven't you answered my calls?"

"Did it ever occur to you that I didn't have anything to talk about? Or that I just didn't want to talk?" Damon asked.

"Look, Damon, I know that you miss Bonnie but-"

Damon appeared before him and glared murderously at him,"We are not talking about her. I don't want to talk about Bonnie!"

Alaric raised his hands in defense,"Okay. I'm sorry I brought her up."

Damon took a step back and ran his fingers through his hair,"Alaric, I don't- Bonnie is stuck on the other side and I'm here. I'm here because she sacrificed herself to get me out, " he met Alarics gaze. "She should be here with her friends, not me. She doesn't deserve this, to die like this. Over and over again she has sacrificed herself and her happiness for us and all she ever gets in return is disappointment."

Alaric moved to stand next to his friend,"Damon, I'm so sorry."

"I told her I loved her on a video recording. I'm sure, by this time now, that she's seen it and is probably cursing my name right now." he chuckled. "I fell in love with my girlfriends best friend and I don't even know if she feels for me even half of what I feel for her."

"And what do you feel for her, Damon?" Alaric questioned.

Damon looked from Alaric to the burning flames before him,"Everything. I feel everything for her. I'm in love with her. I don't feel the need to prove to her how much or how deeply my love for her runs. I don't have to fight to win her heart or change who I am," he turned his attention to Alaric,"I don't have to fight for her acceptance. She's everything I want, need and don't deserve. But I'm Damon Salvatore and I'm selfish and I want her. Despite every selfish and horrific act I've done to hurt her, I want Bonnie Bennett in my life. I need her."

Alaric gazed at him in utter shock. Never has he heard Damon speak so highly, or with such love, of anyone. Not even Elena. Hearing him speak of Bonnie with such love and admiration had shown him a side of Damon that not many people were ever given the chance to see...ever.

"Wow. I've never heard you speak so...honest or loving of someone, not even Elena." he voiced his thoughts.

Damon shrugged,"I guess the witch brings it out of me."

"I should have recorded that for memories and my future kids and grandkids." Alaric chuckled.

"Tell anyone about this and I'll rip your heart out." Damon growled.

Alaric looked at him and noticed Damon was serious,"Fine, your Bonnie Valentine Moment is safe with me." he said and slapped his friend on the back before turning to walk away.

"Alaric?" Damon called out.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

"What for?"

"Being a friend even when I don't deserve one." he admitted.

Alaric smiled and shook his head. "Wow, Bonnie really has made you soft."

"Way to ruin the moment, dick." Damon groaned.

Alaric chuckled,"You're welcome." he chuckled before he exited the house, leaving Damon to his thoughts.