~26 Dont Go 🙅

Bonnie was making her way into the Salvatore house when Elena stopped her,"Bonnie!" she turned around just as Elena appeared before her.

"Hey, Elena." she says.

"Hey."

"Did you need something?" she asked her.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. I know it hasn't been easy for you." she says nervously.

Bonnie noticed that she was nervous and laughed,"Elena, you don't have to walk on eggshells around me." she stated.

"I feel like I do after everything that I did to you." she says.

Bonnie sighed before reaching out and taking her hands in hers,"Look, we may have said somethings to each other that we shouldn't have but -"

"That's the thing, Bonnie, not once did you disrespect me or say anything remotely rude to me." Elena says.

"Which should tell you that I meant what I said about never letting anything or anyone come in between you, Caroline and I." she stated,"The two of you are all the family that I have left. I'm not letting anyone, not even Damon, ruin that."

Unable to control herself, Elena threw her arms around Bonnie's neck in an embrace,"I am so sorry! I never should have let Damon come in between us!" she cried.

Bonnie sighs before pulling away and cupping her cheeks in her hands,"I may not remember loving Damon but what I do know is, I may have loved him but I would never let him come in between us...not without one hell of a fight." she says with a chuckle.

Elena smiled softly,"I Love You, Bonnie Bennett." She says.

Bonnie smiles at her,"I love you, too, Elena Gilbert." She says just as Caroline appeared before them.

"Don't tell me you've forgiven her for everything she's done to you." Caroline says.

"Care -"

"Don't you Care me, Bonnie Bennett. She treated you like you were her enemy for months on end." She says, "She doesn't deserve to have you as her friend anymore." she hissed violently.

Elena took a step back,"Look, she apologized to me about everything. I understand you're still angry with her, I get it, but I've told you both that there was nothing either of you could do or say to me that could make me hate you." She says softly,"I really wish the both of you understood that." She turned away from them and headed into.

She went to open the door only to have it swing open to reveal Damon, who was not paying much attention for he was talking to Stefan who was heading towards the door also, " - on't want to talk about it, brother." he says before nearly walking into Bonnie, "Bonnie. Sorry, I didn't see you there." he says, his eyes taking in every inch of her.

Before Bonnie could say anything, Stefan spoke up, "Mind if I catch a ride with you? I'm suppose to be meeting Matt at the Grille." he says.

Damon, not taking his eyes off Bonnie, spoke, "Sure." he says before Bonnie tore her gaze from him and stared passed him into the house. She didn't know what to say to him. Part of her could care less about Damon Salvatore and his feelings...but there was still a part of her, the part that had fallen in love with him, that cared deeply for him and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't shake it.

Damon could see in her eyes that she wanted to say something but after several agonizing seconds of pure silence, he tore his gaze from her face and moved passed her and headed towards his car, "Hey, mind if I join you? I'm not very fond of the company Bonnie keeps." Caroline spat in Elena's direction before appearing at Stefan's side and taking his arm under hers.

Elena sighed, "Care, I really wish you could forgive me. We've all made mistakes that we're not proud of." she says.

Caroline turned to her with a hateful glare, "That is true but you don't try and kill the person you say is your sister OR the person who has risked their life for you time and time again without any complaints or wanting something in return!" she hissed, "So, will I ever forgive you? Who knows, maybe but you're going to be holding your breath for a very long time!" she spat hatefully.

Elena nods, "Alright, I deserve that, but know this Caroline Forbes...I am not giving up on you, on us, we will be best friends again." she says, "I don't care if I have to wait a hundred years. I will not give up on us." she says.

Caroline, despite how hurt and livid she was with Elena, wanted to hug her, to wrap her in her arms but she couldn't bring herself to do so, "You're going to need a lot of popcorn while you're waiting." she says.

Bonnie, not paying much attention to her friends, closed her eyes, took a deep breath and let it out, "Damon," she blurts out before turning around and meeting his gaze, "don't - don't go." she says softly, leaving everyone to stare at her in wonder and shock.