~10 Hurting 😫

D

D

amon stood in front of the biggest window in the Salvatore house, allowing the sun to hit his face. It's been another five months since he made it back home and he has yet to find a way to bring Bonnie back.

He felt hallow. Empty.

The woman he loves is stuck on the other side, alone, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Raising the glass of bourbon to his lips, he took a long swig before throwing it to the floor.

"Guess I'll be seeing you sooner than I thought, BonBon." he says before removing his ring.

His skin starts to burn and turn red as the sun hit his skin. Despite the pain, Damon closed his eyes and opened his arms, allowing the sun to hit his entire body.

Suddenly, Damon was tackled to the floor,"Get off of me." he groaned.

"I'm not letting you do this, Damon." Stefan says, slamming him against the wall behind him.

"She's never coming back, Stefan. You know what it's like to lose the woman you love," he says, placing his hands on Stefan's shoulders.

"I don't care. I'm not letting you kill yourself." he says.

Damon then found himself being thrown in the basement cell. He looked up from the floor at Stefan,"Just put me out of my misery. We're never getting her back. I found a way to be with her again." he says as he spits up blood.

"We will find a way to bring her back but until you get thoughts of ending your life out of your head, this is where you will stay." Stefan says before disappearing.

Stefan was sitting at the table at the Mystic Grill when Caroline, Elena Alaric and Enzo showed up, "What's going on, Stefan?" Alaric asked.

Stefan met his friends gaze and sighed heavily. "Damon took off his ring."

They all looked at each other,"And that's a bad thing, why?" Caroline asked.

"He took it off in the sunlight. He was trying to kill himself." he says.

Caroline placed a hand over her mouth,"Oh My God." she gasped.

"Is he okay?" Elena steps forward with a look of concern.

Stefan nods,"I locked him in the basement cell."

"Why would he try and end his life?" Alaric questions.

"Isn't it obvious?" Caroline says.

"He doesn't want to live without Bonnie," he says. "For months he's been searching for a way to bring Bonnie back and for months he's come to a dead end every time.  He can't stand living without her anymore."

"Don't you think he's exaggerating a bit, mate?" Enzo questions.

"You don't know Damon the way I do. Ever since we were kids, he felt like he has to fight for someone to love him. He's always felt like he was in a competition for someone to love him back, " Stefan says turning his attention to everyone,"With Bonnie, he doesn't feel that way. He doesn't feel the need to fight or impress her because she accepts him as he is."

He turns to Enzo. "If you were Damon and you'd finally found someone who accepted you, who accepted your past and everything that made you who you are,  what would you do?" Stefan questions. "How would you feel if that person, who didn't make you feel like you were in competition for their heart, was suddenly taken from you?"

Stefan turns to Caroline,"We have to find a way to bring Bonnie home before I lose my brother."

Caroline nods,"Damon may not be my favorite person in the world but I don't want to see him dead," she says. "Falling in love with Bonnie has changed him in a way that I never thought I would live long enough to see."

Elena stood there listening to them talk about Damon falling in love with Bonnie. The more they spoke about it, the angrier she became. Damon was in love with Bonnie and the thought of Bonnie returning those feelings filled her with rage. How could her boyfriend fall in love with her best friend?

Could she even call Bonnie her best friend anymore? Could she remain friends with the woman who stole her boyfriends heart?