Ch 0.7 Artist and Model AU

Korra sighed as she drudged into the art studio. This early morning drawing class was starting to take its toll on her. 8am was too early in her opinion. She plopped into the couch at the end of the room and waited for the rest of her classmates to show up. She pulled her hoodie over her face and fell back asleep.

“Korra?!”

The girl jumped up and fell out of her seat. She rubbed her head in a nervous habit as her classmates chuckled at her. The professor sighed and continued down the attendance sheet. After finished calling roll, everyone got out their drawing pads and other supplies for the day, even though the professor hadn’t told them the plan for today. Korra pulled a horse-chair out and waited for further instructions.

“Okay class, today we will be drawing a human model.” The professor announced.

Korra froze. A human model?! She had never drawn another person! She was only a first-year student. ‘Please don’t let it be a naked person.’ Korra begged in her mind.

She nervously rubbed her palms together as she saw a shadow move from the corner of her eye. ‘Don’t look up yet and don’t look them in the face.’

She urged herself to busy herself with getting her pencils ready. She finally looked up when the professor instructed the model to pose a certain way. She was immediately captivated by the woman’s beauty. Luscious black hair, jade green eyes, black lacy bra and underwear. Korra averted her eyes when she realized she was beginning to wander. But at least she wasn’t fully naked.

Korra caught the last bit of the instructions. “And your first 60-second sketch starts now!”

60 seconds to draw her?! How would she possibly be able to draw her beauty in sixty seconds?! No matter, Korra quickly jumped to work. About ten seconds later when she looked back up to see the length of the woman’s arm, she instantly caught the eyes of the woman. Korra froze, and the pair had a stare-off for the next minute. Korra was knocked out of her trance when the professor stepped up to show the model the next pose to do. This continued for ten more minutes and several times Korra stumbled with her focus.

After that they finally got to the hour-long drawing. ‘How is she going to be able to stand still for a whole hour?’ Korra pondered. But that wasn’t Korra’s job. Her job was to draw her. And she was going to do her damned best.

Korra was able to avoid the model’s gaze for the first ten minutes. She could tell the woman was doing this on purpose when she felt her face start heating up. Korra decided to take a chance and looked up at her face since she had to draw her face anyway. Once again she was entranced by her beauty.

Korra gulped when she was able to tear herself away after a minute. She cautiously looked down to her paper and back up as she sketched out her facial features. The whole time the model dangerously eyed her.

Korra sighed almost happily when she was finally done with her face. She looked up at the clock to see that she had 30 minutes left. She just spent 20 minutes on her face! Instead of worrying, Korra just chuckled to herself and continued drawing. She couldn’t help to admire the woman’s figure as she drew it on her paper. The woman was incredibly beautiful and she knew this drawing would be nothing in comparison.