Ch 0.21 Victim or Survivor? Part 3 - Law/Order AU

A/N: IMPORTANT! I had a sudden revelation and "Austin Fenton (the pimp)" is now Zaheer. I don't know why I didn't think of using Zaheer in the first place, but he's in the story now to replace the real bad guy. I will make the changes needed in the previous Law/Order parts. Also, sorry it took so long to get this out. I've had a lot going on. Thanks again for reading!

November 5th, 2015

11:39am

NYPD Interrogation Room #3

"If you had nothing to do with any of this, then why did you meet with Zaheer Lotus?" Bolin asked roughly.

The room remained quiet except for the detective's sigh a moment later. Derek had been uncooperative all day, deciding to remain silent instead. Mako had already left, excusing himself to a lunch break. However, Bolin was determined to get this guy to talk.

Just as Bolin was about to speak again, Derek interrupted him. "I need to confess something..."

Bolin kept his façade up, but looking into the other man's eyes told him that whatever he was about to say was going to change everything.

November 5th, 2015

10:45am

New York Memorial Hospital

Korra hesitantly knocked on the doorway leading to her current victim. The young child looked up and pouted. "You said you'd be here when I woke up."

The detective smiled apologetically and sat down next to her. "I know. I'm sorry I'm late, but I have someone with me that I want you to meet."

Riko swiftly grabbed her hand as the woman motioned for someone to enter. She gulped as she saw probably the most beautiful woman she had ever laid eyes on. Her jet black hair was thrown into a loose ponytail and her ruby red lips were in a faint smile. Korra interrupted her thoughts. "This is Asami Sato. She's my wife, but to you she's your new doctor for the time being."

Riko looked to the detective in confusion. "New doctor?"

Korra bit her lip. No one must've told the girl about the change. "Yeah, you're gonna get a new room closer to her so she can help you, um, deal with everything that's happened." The young child scooted back in nervousness and averted her eyes. "Would you like to introduce yourself?"

Riko looked back hesitantly and shrugged. Asami stepped forward and placed a hand on Korra's shoulder. "Hi, you can call me Asami. What's your name?"

The girl huffed in an attempt to control her breathing. "Riko..."

Asami smiled at her. "It's nice to meet you, Riko. I know change can be hard, but you don't wanna stay in here forever, do you?"

Riko continued to stare at her bedsheets and shrugged. Asami blinked in shock. Tears slowly fell from the girl's eyes. Korra quickly jumped to action and hugged her. "I thought I was safe here." She cried.

Realization struck both women. Korra cooed soothingly in her ear and Asami sat at the end of the bed. "You're still safe, Riko. I trust Asami with my life. I wouldn't give you to just anyone. I promise she'll keep you safe."

Amidst her crying, Riko nodded her head.

"I'll be back to check on you later, okay?" Korra said as she shut the door to the girl's new room. She sighed tiredly as she stood outside the room.