Chapter 12

Riko smirked with her siblings as they entered an athletic store. She approached the man at the counter. “Excuse me, we’re looking for some pro-bending gear. Do you think you can help us?”

The man smiled and led them around the shop, making sure they found all the necessary gear and sizes. “So I’m guessing you three plan to enter as a new team, huh?”

“Yes sir!”

He laughed, handing her some of the equipment. “I wish you good luck then!”

They paid and thanked him.

Kohaku slowly creaked open the front doors and peeked in. “It’s clear!”

His sisters ran in with 3 big bags. Kohaku went ahead of them and scouted the area with them following behind until they reached Riko’s room. They slammed the door shut and fell to the floor. “Woo! That was close.” Kohaku said.

Riko laughed. “Alright, I’ll hide all of the gear in my room. When it’s time, you two will meet me in here and we’ll sneak out through my window.”

“Ya know we still have two weeks until our first match.” Kohaku said.

“I know! I just want to make sure that we all know the plan.” Riko replied.

Two weeks later, the two younger siblings nonchalantly wandered into Riko’s room.

“Where’s Korra and Asami?” She asked.

“They went to bed early.” Nami said.

“Which is weird, but good for us.” Kohaku said.

Riko raised an eyebrow and stuck her head out of the door. She could hear both women from down the hall and then heard something break. A light bulb went off in her head and she blushed

“Ohhhh. Yeah, they’re definitely ‘in bed’. They won’t even notice that we’re gone. Let’s go!” Riko said to them. They gathered up the gear and jumped out of the second story window. They smiled and ran off towards the arena.

As they prepared in their locker room, Toza, the gym manager, walked in. “You’re the newbies, right?” The children nodded. “Alright, you’re on in fifteen. By the way, you still need a team name.”

Riko smirked. “Call us The Southern Stallions.”

Toza nodded and walked out. Kohaku shook his head. “The Southern Stallions? Totally inconspicuous. Mom will never find out.”

Riko looked back at him. “Shut up. Mom won’t find out. Anyone could be from the South.”

Nervously, they finished putting on the rest of their navy blue gear on. Riko hit both of them by the shoulders. “Loosen up. We’re just here to have fun. Don’t worry about the audience. We practiced for this. We’re gonna win!”