Ch 0.32 Movie Night*

Bolin and Opal sat bunched up together on the couch. Opal sat in his lap while he held the draped blanket closer to them. Their wide eyes stared in shock at the television screen. Below them on the rug laid Korra and Asami on a bunch of pillows and blankets. This whole thing was Asami's idea, but she was starting to regret the movie choice. A blood-curdling scream erupted from the television, making three of the four of them jump in surprise. Asami shivered and tugged the blanket tighter to her. Opal hid her face in Bolin's neck. Picking a scary movie might not have been the smartest move.

Korra was resting her head on her forearms. She hadn't really been paying attention to the movie all too much. The occasional scream caught her attention, but other than that she was lost in her own thoughts. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the movie. Well, maybe 'enjoy' wasn't the right word, but they were partaking in watching it.

Asami gasped and hid her face as the next scene started. She only looked up again when it got quiet. She looked over to Korra and was surprised to see that she wasn't even watching the movie. She was laying on her arms and appeared deep in thought as she stared into the floor. Asami's brow furrowed in confusion. Did Korra not like the movie? The CEO decided to ignore the movie for a few minutes in order to watch over her girlfriend.

Korra didn't notice that her partner had stopped watching the television. Too many painful memories were replaying in her head. She didn't want the others to know about her discomfort so she opted to stay put. Her fists unconsciously tightened and she turned her head away from the screen to rest her eyes.

Suddenly her arm was yanked away from her with an exaggerated gasp. She choked on the air and glanced over her shoulder. Asami was huddled close to her with her left arm in a vice grip as she watched the film with fear. Korra sighed and rested her head on top of Asami's and grasped her hand. Asami nuzzled closer in the lure of protection.

Asami smiled with a sigh of relief as she pressed closer to her lover. She could tell Korra was reminiscing something, but at least she could pull her out of it for now. She just hoped that her façade wasn't obvious to Korra.

Asami blinked her eyes open and drowsily glanced around. She was laying on her back with Korra draped over her. Her hair was tousled and a faint snore emitted from her chest. Asami smiled lovingly. She carefully wriggled herself out of the Avatar's embrace and ventured into the kitchen. She passed Opal and Bolin who were both passed out on the couch. Bolin was snoring loudly. The CEO giggled and continued to the kitchen to make breakfast. Soon the smell of cooked eggs and bacon aroused Korra and Bolin awake, thus forcing Opal awake as well. Bolin gasped happily and rushed to the table. The others laughed and eventually joined him once all the food was finished.

Eventually their friends left and they had the house to themselves to relax in on a lazy Sunday. Asami went to tinker with her cars in the garage and Korra wandered off with Naga. When Asami finished up in the garage she went looking for Korra. She wasn't all too surprised when she found her sunbathing in the backyard with Naga. Sunbathing was something Korra had figured out would help her when she was feeling depressed.

Asami carefully walked up to her and sat down next to her. "Wanna talk about it?"

Korra sighed roughly and slid her hand into Asami's. "Not really."

Asami turned her body slightly to look closer at her. "Really? Because your body language says otherwise."

Korra huffed and rested her cheek on Asami's shoulder. "It's just another day. I'll make it."

Asami smiled in sad understanding and tightened her grip on her hand. "You will make it Korra. I'm here for you whether you want to talk or not."

"Gah!"

Korra yelled angrily as she slammed the punching bag. Her teeth grit together and her body was tense. Her mind was foggy for all except one thing. She squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to block it out. She gasped for air as she rested her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?"

Korra whipped around. Asami stood at the entrance of their home gym with a tray of lunch. Her face showed nothing but worry. Korra huffed and began her work out once more. Asami knew she hated that question, so why did she ask it?

"I'm fine. Working through it." Korra replied shortly.

Asami scowled and sat the tray down on the bench. "Korra, you've been working through this block for a week. I think you need some intervention."

"How? No one in the whole world truly understands what it was like for years, what it's still like for me. How is that going to help?"

"You can start by talking to me! You know I always listen to you and I try to help the best that I can. Why is it suddenly different now?"

The Avatar stopped exercising again. She gasped for air, her back turned to the other woman. "I don't know..."

At first this response frustrated Asami. Then worry returned even stronger. Asami took a few steps closer until she could lay a hand on the Avatar's shaking shoulder. "What do you mean?"

Korra took a moment to try to gather her thoughts. "I just...haven't been myself lately and I don't understand. Everything was going so well for a while."

Asami stepped in front of Korra. "You're going to have breakthroughs, hun. It's bound to happen sometimes. You can't expect to just forget about it..." This didn't seem to lift Korra's spirits. "But you've learned from it, and you're a better person now because of it." Asami leaned down to kiss her forehead. "And I still love you all the same."

Korra looked up at her and her wide, bright eyes reminded Asami of a child who just needed some reassurance. Korra seemed to be contemplating something as she grabbed the other's hand tightly.

"Need a hug?" Asami asked. Korra nodded and jumped to wrap her arms around her. Both sighed in relief and held each other tight.

Asami finished towel-drying her hair and nudged the bathroom door open with her foot. A warm smile came upon her face when she saw her girlfriend in bed. Korra was laying on her stomach and resting her head on her arms facing the bathroom. She must've tried to stay awake for her. Asami shook her head and carefully sat on the bed next to her. She pushed back a strand of Korra's hair away from her face, resting her hand on her cheek.

Korra mumbled and tiredly grabbed her hand. "C'mere."

Asami chuckled and finally laid in the bed and pulled the covers over her. She propped herself up on one arm and laid the other on Korra's back. She gently pushed her shirt up to rub her back. She ran her fingers over old scars that had become permanent with time. Korra was a warrior, a survivor. Some days may be rough for her, but she'd always have someone to help her. Even without her past lives, she would never be alone again, not as long as Asami was around.

Korra shivered as a pale hand skimmed over her skin. "Even after a hot shower you're still cold."

Asami smiled and allowed Korra to crawl into her embrace. "I thought you liked it when I was cold."

Korra scoffed sleepily. "That's because it's so hot."

"You are hot." Asami replied smartly.

Korra smiled faintly and tucked her head underneath Asami's neck. The older woman's heartbeat slowly lulled the Avatar to sleep. With the knowledge that Asami would still be there for her, she slept peacefully once again.

A/N: Just a quick lil update. I'm not dead guys lol. It's been a very rough few months and I've just been mentally blocked in everything I do. I know it's been a long time since I've produced anything decent. My finals are coming up and hopefully soon after that I can get something done literary-wise...