Chapter 1

The Avatar sighed as she rested her head in her girlfriend's lap. Even as she started to snore, her girlfriend kept on driving the car. She glanced down at Korra, who had wrapped her arms around her waist. She sighed and shook her gently.

"Sweetie, wake up. You have to see this."

Korra grumbled in her sleep, refusing to wake. The heiress carefully took one hand off the wheel and laid it on her cheek. Korra smiled and nuzzled into her hand, but it was taken away just as quickly, making her groan. She slowly blinked her eyes open and stared into the jade eyes of her girlfriend.

"Well good evening, hun."

"You're beautiful..." Korra breathed.

The driver blushed as she yanked her girlfriend up. "Not as beautiful as this."

Korra gasped at the sight of the sunset before her. There were so many colors and hues mixing together, making it difficult to tell day from night. The view was absolutely breathtaking. Then she turned to her girlfriend of six years.

"You are most definitely more beautiful than the sunset, Asami." Korra whispered, making her blush.

"Korra..."

Korra wrapped her arms around Asami's shoulders and laid her head back down. She smirked and planted a soft kiss on her cheek, then started to head closer and closer to her lips. Asami smirked at what she was doing. Before Korra could complete her trail to her lips, the Sato quickly grasped Korra's chin and placed a forceful kiss on the Avatar's lips. Korra gasped. As quickly as it happened, it was over.

Korra fell back into her seat, flabbergasted. Her lips stung from the force of the kiss and she trailed her hand across her own lips. Asami smirked as she continued driving.

"I know you're impatient, Korra, but you're gonna have to wait until we reach the cabin."

"Yeah, and to think that we have a whole month to ourselves." Korra winked, linking her hand with her girlfriend's hand. She looked into the backseat at all the luggage they brought. "But do you really think that we needed to bring all of this just for a vacation?" Korra asked.

"Yes." came the simple answer.

Asami shook her girlfriend awake yet again as they approached the cabin. Korra clamped onto her arm as she woke up. She gazed up at the starry sky above the vacation home. Asami's parents often visited the fire nation to go on vacation and she had inherited it along with the company and mansion when her father was imprisoned.

Korra gave her a peck on the cheek before climbing out of the vehicle. Sighing, she grabbed a couple of bags and trekked inside. It wasn't like Asami was going to carry all of her luggage inside.

Korra stood awestruck in the cabin. It was stunning. The first floor had a living room with an entertainment system on the left and a huge bathroom on the right. There was also the beautiful kitchen and sitting area that was huge. It then led to the back porch. Korra looked out of the glass door to the porch and gasped. The beach was literally right there. A stairway led from the porch to the sand.

"Korra, a little help would be nice!" Asami called from outside. Korra pouted at the luggage piled in the car and carried the rest of it inside.

The second floor was smaller, as it only contained a bedroom. It wasn't even enclosed. It stood over the kitchen and was open to the whole house. There was a window right above the bed. A dresser stood on either side of the room. Asami began unpacking her dozen bags of necessities. Korra sighed at her two measly bags. It didn't even fill the dresser, leading Asami to ask to use the rest of her space. Korra obliged nonetheless.