Ch 7.2: Childhood Memories

The first thing Asami heard when she entered her home were the sounds of joy and laughter. The CEO rose a brow amusingly and ventured deeper into the mansion. The house was dark. Evening was setting in but no lights were on. Child-like giggles erupted from the living room. Asami peered in and happily rested her head in her palm.

A large tent was formed by throwing a blanket over several chairs. A flashlight shone bright in the middle of the tent. Three shadows appeared in the light that the CEO instantly recognized. The two smaller masses suddenly threw themselves on the bigger mass.

Asami started walking away, but her heels gave away her position. Korra excitedly poked her head out from a gap in the blanket. "'Sami? 'Sami! Hey, come join us!"

Asami crossed her arms as her wife ran up to her. "But then who will make sure you all eat dinner?"

Korra pouted and fumbled with her fingers. "We can always order take-out."

"We've been eating take-out too much, dear. I'd like for our kids to actually get some nutrition in them."

"C'mon, Asami. You could use a little bit of fun." Korra replied. She dragged the woman back in before she could retort. Asami fell into the pile of pillows that were spread around on the inside of the tent. Korra giggled as she crawled in after her.

Suddenly two small children tackled her. "Momma!"

Asami smiled softly at the bundles in her arms. "Hi, sweetums. How was spending the day with Korra?"

Riko jumped out of her arms excitedly and bounced from pillow to pillow. "Ma helped us train our bending skills! Then we got our baths and now we're playing in here!"

Asami laughed. "Sounds like you had fun."

"We can have more fun now that you're here, momma! C'mon, come sit with us! Korra's telling scary stories!" Kohaku exclaimed in a small voice.

Asami rose a brow aimed at her wife, who shrugged with a smile. Nonetheless, she crawled to a pillow to sit on with her children.

The kids anxiously leaned forward as they listened to Korra talk. Asami watched in amusement. Moments like these reminded her how happy she was now. Korra being amazing with children was huge positive, too.

Suddenly thunder cracked loudly and lighting lit up the room. The kids screamed and both simultaneously jumped into Asami's lap. The room grew quiet except for the pitter-patter of the rain. The CEO looked down and frowned. Kohaku was shakily grasping onto her blouse. Riko was pouting in an attempt to hide her discomfort and huddled under her arm. She looked to her wife and noticed she looked a little uneasy as well.

Asami sighed and started removing the blanket from above their heads. Then she easily picked up both children, holding one in each arm. Kohaku eagerly wrapped his tiny arms around her neck. "I'm going to order take-out."

Asami sighed in relief as she finally crawled into bed and pulled out her book. After a few minutes, she wondered what was taking Korra so long. The Avatar had stated that she was going to check on Naga before coming to bed.