Ch 0.27 Humor in Weakness

We're really going to see the Avatar in action! I can't believe we get to witness Kuvira take her down!

The Great Uniter steps forward as the Avatar gets into a fighting stance. "Use whatever you want: all of the elements, the Avatar state, anything you need. I know you're a little rusty." Kuvira spoke, egging on the Avatar.

"Enough talk!" Korra replies and immediately starts shooting fire, eventually mixing in earthbending.

Our Great Uniter is too fast and easily dodges all of her attacks before firing back. As Avatar Korra hits the dirt from Kuvira's metalbending attack, we all cheer excitedly for our leader. Even Kuvira laugh and continues to goad the Avatar, who was taking her time getting back on her feet.

Who knew the Avatar was so weak now?! For three years I've followed Kuvira and, even though I never expected the Avatar to pick a fight with Kuvira, Avatar Korra is nothing like I expected! My whole life I've been told grand adventures of the Avatar lineage, and for it to come to this? It's pathetic. She has to be the worst Avatar in history of Avatars. It's a joke that someone with so much power can't beat someone even as strong as Kuvira. Avatar Korra should be able to handle things like this.

Yet, Avatar Korra continues to fight and begins using the rest of the elements, trying to gain the upper hand. Our Great Uniter still easily dodges her attacks and blinds Korra with metal before earthbending her into the air.

How can the Avatar still get back up? Kuvira has dodged all of her moves and quickly responds with her own attacks. Avatar Korra may not be the Avatar we all expected, but she is resilient.

Korra manages to dodge a few more attacks, but Kuvira is too skilled for her now and easily overwhelms her again.

Why does she keep getting up? Kuvira has knocked her back so many times, yet she still continues to fight. Maybe this is her first real fight since the Red Lotus, but she's starting to really put up a fight.

Korra and Kuvira try to push the same boulder at each other, but Kuvira prevails and shatters the rock in Korra's face, throwing her back to the ground. The little airbending girls want to help, but it would break the 'truce' they have for the fight.

Avatar Korra starts to firebend, but Kuvira uses her earthbending to shift the ground at Korra's feet, thus changing the direction of the attack. Just as our Great Uniter goes in for a final attack, something amazing happens. I throw my hands in the air to shield myself, just as my comrades do as well.

Woah! I've never seen anything like this! Is this...?

The Avatar's eyes begin to glow and she summons a great whirlwind to push Kuvira back.

Suddenly this doesn't seem like our fight anymore...

The Avatar floats in the air on the whirlwind and conjures a giant boulder over her. She moves closer to where Kuvira landed and prepares to throw the rock, but suddenly the air shifts again.

What...? Why did she stop? She had all she needed to end this, but she failed! What's wrong with her?

Korra's glowing eyes flicker and she drops to the ground. We're all astonished, but before we can think any more of it, Kuvira hops back to her feet. She uses her metalbending to hold Avatar Korra in the air, then throws her into the ground and imprisons her.

The look of defeat on her face... Why did she even come here?! Did she actually think she could defeat the Great Uniter?! Hah! What a joke! She shouldn't have come to fight Kuvira if she's still facing episodes of weakness... Wait. What is Kuvira doing?

Kuvira steps up to the confined Avatar and bends sharp metal in the air. The soldiers begin to glance at one another in confusion.

Wait. Is she going to kill the Avatar? Why?! She's not a threat anymore! We can't actually kill the Avatar!

Unluckily, or maybe luckily, the airbenders finally intervene, thus saving Korra. Somehow, in the deep recesses of my mind, I'm kind of glad they stopped Kuvira. I'm starting to question whether or not we're doing the right thing, but then our Great Uniter orders us to attack since the 'truce' has been broke.

We all march forward, but the airbenders are keeping us at bay with a giant whirlwind. After a few minutes, only the mecha-suits are slowly able to push through. Suddenly a giant flying bison soars through the air and dives into the whirlwind. The air disperses and our enemies fly away on the bison.

"Zaofu is ours!" Kuvira declares. We all cheer and jump in joy as we march forward to finally take Zaofu. I look back at the disappearing bison and can't help but wonder what happened to the world's protector.

A/N: PBC Round 6 - Episodes. My episode was LOK S4E6 "The Battle of Zaofu" - Korra vs Kuvira. Prompts - Easy: "episode," Med: Korra, Hard: Humor. This is shorter than what I normally write because I'm really busy with school and I can't even think straight right now sooo yeah! Also if you couldn't tell, it's in the POV of one of Kuvira's soldiers. Ummm, I don't know when the next part of the Law and Order AU will be up. Ahh, I don't have time to write right now. I feel really bad about starting the au story and not being able to finish it. All I can say is: I'll get to it when I get to it...