Ch 0.33 TheLegend27

*A/N: Imagine that this event takes place between chapters 19 and 20 (after Karina leaves town and before the fancy ball).

The Avatar's three children sat in the living room. For the past few weeks, a new video game had captured their hearts. Asami had created the gaming console to help provide new outlets for people. The public loved the device. It entertained people of all ages.

A blue light emanated from the console, signaling that it was working properly. A white light emanated from the back of the two controllers. Riko and Kohaku yelled at each other so that they could win the game.

"Watch the back!" Kohaku yelled.

Riko grunted and swung her shield around to block the oncoming barrage from Pharah. Kohaku took the opportunity as Soldier: 76 to shoot Pharah out of the sky. The duo cheered as the payload inched towards the end of the line. Suddenly a bright yellow light ripped through the arena and just like that half of the other team was resurrected by Mercy. "HEROES NEVER DIE!"

"What?!"

"Get the Mercy!"

"It's too late!"

DEFEAT played across the screen.

"Ughhh!" The kids sat back against the couch.

"Damn it!" Kohaku yelled.

"We almost had it." Riko groaned. "Oh well. Let's get ready to go again."

Kohaku shrugged and waited for the character selection screen to reload. "I think I'm gonna switch to Hanzo to try to counter their team."

Riko agreed and the next match began. They were now on defense, so they had to stop the other team instead of pushing them back. They were holding them off for two minutes. Riko, level 88, knew Pharah would target her as Reinhardt. The most she could do was swivel as the Pharah flew around to try to block the shots and put trust in her teammates to do their job. Kohaku, level 63, was able to put on the pressure from far away as Hanzo. He may not be on the payload, but his presence was stopping the opposing team from just running straight in.

Suddenly, Kohaku's Hanzo was killed.

"WHAT?! Who did that?!" He screamed and jumped up. He hadn't seen anyone approaching him. The death replay showed Mercy, of all characters, shooting him with her pistol. "Fucking Mercy killed me?!"

Riko snickered, but knew that the other team would try to push in now. "That's embarrassing."

It wasn't long before Riko was the last person standing and with very little health. Her shield shattered and the opposing Tracer shot her dead. "Damn, that sucked. Let's group up."

Riko hit the "group up" command to communicate with her team. One poor soul ran ahead anyway, but the other five of them grouped up before charging back into battle. That poor soul was at least able to pause the payload's movement and died as the rest of the team arrived.

"Let's drop the beat!" their Lucio commanded and unleashed his ultimate move.

Riko smirked and let her shield down to recharge. She swung the hammer a few times to push them back and charged when the opposing Mercy was in sight, killing her. Lucio's ultimate was about to run out, so she backed up to be the shield again. The payload slowly inched towards the finish line, but they stopped it with 30 seconds to spare. The timer on the screen now read overtime.

"Okay, we just need to get them off the payload for a second and it'll be game over." Riko said.

They were so focused on the Tracer running around, keeping the team alive, to notice the Pharah sneaking behind them.