Chapter 17

A/N: Anyway, I want to personally thank everyone for the support for me and also this story. I don't know if I could've made it this far without all of you. Thank you for giving me the time for a break to recollect myself. I appreciate it so much. As a reward, have this return chapter! :) Enjoy!

Riko sat silent for the sixth appointment in a row. The therapist sighed for the umpteenth time that day. “Riko, we need to make some progress here or we can’t help you.”

Her silence continued. The man sighed again and stomped out of the room. Riko hung her head as he walked out. Outside she could faintly hear him talking to Korra. “This isn’t working. I’m not wasting my time like this.” He said.

“What?! We’re paying you either way!”

“I’m aware, Avatar, but I have other patients who are willing to cooperate to get better. I could be spending time with them instead of this girl who doesn’t even want help!”

“How do you know she doesn’t want help?! She just needs time! She’s not exactly the most open person in the world.”

“I know and I’ve dealt with patients like this before, but if Riko doesn’t open up soon, then it’s not going to work at all.”

Korra sighed roughly. “Just give her a few more chances.”

Asami heard the front door slam, signaling Korra’s and Riko’s arrival home. She wandered out from her office and saw Riko stomp into her room.

Oh great, this can’t be good. She thought.

Korra came into her view, marching up the stairs. Asami caught her arm as she marched by. “What happened?”

Korra growled. “That stupid therapist doesn’t think Riko wants help because she isn’t opening up yet. He just needs to give her time!”

Asami furrowed her brow. “But we’re paying him.”

“I know! I reminded him and he still didn’t care!”

Riko slid into bed and stuffed her face into one of the pillows. After a while she glanced over to her dresser. Letters from the South littered the countertop. She groaned and turned back to the pillow. She’d been avoiding Karina’s letters for a few weeks now. She tried reading them, but every time it would make her more depressed. She silently growled before heaving herself off of the bed. She snatched up a random letter and began to read it:

          …Riko, I’m pretty sure you haven’t bothered reading my last letters because you haven’t replied to me since your first appointment. I hope you manage to read this letter in time. I don’t want to surprise you when I show up at your door, presumably unannounced if so. That’s your decision though. Maybe you’re just ignoring me entirely. I guess I’ll find out when I get there. I’ll be arriving in Republic City in about 2 weeks. I just hope you get this in time.