Poker Face

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 7. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

Out of respect to Jesse (because I'm still pissed they had this super powerful Antichrist and never came back to him. I really thought he would have made an excellent addition to the final season. They made him out to be this huge deal and then did nothing with him.) I have decided to skip his episode and pretend it does not exist. (Because sadly you can literally erase him with no consequences.)

Marley watched nervously, her eyes flicking between Bobby and the Irishman that went by Patrick. This was not going to end well. They were in a room that was underground beneath a bar, and under normal circumstances Marley would have been stuck on the musty smell that enveloped the entire room. But right now? Right now Bobby was about to lose 25 years of his life because he decided to gamble.

The old man couldn't exactly drive without the use of his legs, so he begrudgingly asked for her help. Well more like she caught him sneaking out of the house and forced him to let her drive so he didn't crash and die. He agreed- as long as she didn't ask any questions. So she had driven him 2 hours to the opposite end of the state and unknowingly wheeled him in to an underground poker game to literally throw away his life.

As she watched Bobby play, she had to admit he had a good poker face. But the witch playing across from him had the unfair advantage of hundreds of years of experience with people. Marley wasn't stupid, she knew the game had everything to do with playing the other players. The cards you were dealt? Well that was just dumb luck.

Marley bit her lip nervously as she waited to see what Bobby would do. Patrick was cockily chewing on his toothpick as he watched the old man in front of him. Bobby put all his chips into the middle.

"Bobby." She breathed it out.

By going all in he had just thrown in the last of his chips. If he lost this round, he was a dead man. Well not quite, but he'd be really old. And Marley knew him, he was bluffing. He was way too desperate to get his legs back.

"All in." He said, ignoring the girl, his gaze locked on Patrick.

The man with the slicked back hair narrowed his eyes before peeking at his cards. He clicked his tongue and pushed all his chips in.

"All in." He echoed.

Bobby flipped over his cards revealing he had 3 of a kind. And then Patrick revealed his- a full house. The disappointment that washed over Bobby's face was impossible to miss.

"It was a good try."

Screw that Irish accent of his that made him so likable. Marley stood up from her seat that had been facing the table and walked behind Bobby's chair.

"We're done here." Her eyes flashed with anger as she glared at the man across the table.

He quirked a smile at her, almost flirtatiously. "Oh come on lassie. Don't you want to give it a go?"

Marley just glared at him before wheeling Bobby towards the elevator that would take them back up to the alley. The silver doors opened and Bobby wheeled in and spun around while Marley pushed the button next to the 1.

"So how old does that make you now? Like 108?" Marley attempted a joke.

"Shut up."

His tone was harsh and Marley could tell this was hitting a nerve in him deeper than she had thought. The elevator dinged open and Bobby immediately wheeled out, heading towards the exit door. Marley sighed. That game was seemingly his last hope at getting his legs back and Marley was concerned about where his head was at now that he had lost. Based on the way he just literally slammed the door open, it wasn't good. She followed in his wake and opened the door, with a noticeably gentler touch, and headed out into the dark alley.