Teaming Up With Yourselves

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 9. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

They made their way back downstairs and took a seat in the lounge area. Marley laid down next to the Dean who still held her leash. They were currently looking at the map they had discovered in the back of the picture frame. Marley however was focused on the two boys who sat at a table a few yards away from her. Sam was filling Dean in on what had really happened according to the historical society guy he had just gotten off the phone with. Letitia Gore had killed 4 boys, one of which was her own son.

"Oh that's it. I'm gonna deep-fry this chick extra crispy." Dean spoke, anger lacing his words. "Dude say where she was buried?"

"He doesn't know."

Well that. That she could help with. She sat up quickly and let out a bark that gained quite a few stares, including from the 2 boys she wanted to look her way. The Dean behind her told her to shhh, but she wasn't really paying attention. Dean and Sam both looked at her with perplexed looks on their faces.

"Is that..." Dean began.

"I- I think so?" Sam breathed out.

"Well how the he-"

"I don't know." Sam turned to look at his brother, befuddlement on both their faces.

They both stood up and walked over to the table. Sam reached out and felt the map the cosplayers had been looking at, causing the fake Dean to protest. Meanwhile the real Dean squatted down next to the wolf and looked her in the eyes. His eyes narrowed slightly, and Marley thumped her tail in response.

"The map's real. A century old at least. And there's a cemetery on the grounds." Sam said looking at Dean.

"Where'd you get that?" Dean stood up looking at the two with raised brows. "And more importantly where did you get her?"

"It's called a game pal. And she's part of it. She's a special prize we won."

Sam's eyebrows rose. "A prize?"

The fake Dean handed over the note to them. "Bobby sent her to us to help out with the case."

Dean scoffed and shook his head. "All right just give me the map chuckles."

"Oh, you're the chuckles... chuckles." The man clearly meant what he said. "Besides Dean don't listen to nobody."

He opened his jacket to reveal a red and yellow plastic gun, which caused Dean to roll his eyes.

"Dean, cool it." Fake Sam said pretending as if this was a real threat.

Dean pulled his very real gun out causing the real Sam to voice his own chastisement. Marley cocked her head from her place off to the side in between the two Deans.

"What? They're friggin annoying."

Sam began trying to convince them to let them tag along to "find the bones", as Dean shoved his gun away. Marley tilted her head up slightly, her cold nose pressing into the palm of his hand. The action caused him to look down at her.

"You're real friggin' stupid you know that?" There was the slightest hint of a joke in his tone as he stared down at the wolf.

Marley in turn bared her teeth at him, but he simply rolled his eyes.

"Yeah let me know when you can actually speak a comeback wolfie."

A few seconds later Marley felt his hand on top of her head, absentmindedly scratching between her ears as the boys came to the terms of their agreement. The deal closed with fake Sam and Dean playing those characters and getting the Sizzler gift card prize, and Sam and Dean would be playing Bobby and Rufus. The real boys didn't really care what it took, they just needed to find the bones. She heard the boys whispering behind her about something, but she didn't pay much attention as they walked outside and headed towards the graveyard.