Diner Dancing

This is an original chapter that takes place immediately following Season 4 Episode 8. I am not responsible for any spoilers in the comments.

"You hungry?" Dean questioned as the brothers began walking off the pier. "I'm starving."

"Yeah I was reading about this new vegan place and it's only-"

"What? No man. Come on we are not getting vegan."

"No no no. You remember last month, that game of Rock Paper Scissors?"

Dean looked at his brother with his mouth agape. "You're not seriously going to make me follow through on that stupid bet."

"Not my fault you picked scissors." Sam had a slightly smug look on his face. "Are you going to get the tofu burger or the lettuce wrap?"

Sam was talking about some super kale smoothie while Dean's mind was whirling as he tried to come up with a way out of this stupid bet. His eyes latched onto her back and he knew what he had to do.

"Hey Marley!" She paused and slowly turned around, unsure of what was about to happen. "You hungry?"

"Dean what are you doing?" Sam hissed are his brother as they continued to approach Marley.

"Are you kidding? I've been eating garbage and wild animals for the past 2 weeks. I'm starving."

A small smile made its way onto Dean's face as they stopped in front of her. "Can we buy you breakfast?"

Marley blinked in shock, that was not what she had been expecting. Dean looked over at Sam, who also had a very surprised expression on his face, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Bacon?" Marley questioned with hope.

"All the bacon." Dean said with an almost dopey grin.

The whole thing seemed very nonchalant, but when Sam saw the smile on Dean's face, he knew, in that moment, that something was different.

Dean clapped his hands together. "Alright then, you heard her Sammy. Let's go get some bacon."

He turned and began walking to the car. Sam and Marley traded a look before following after him.

"Is it just me or was that weird?"

"He just really hates vegan food." Sam said distantly before shaking it off as he opened the back door of the impala for Marley.

A small smile crossed her face. "Not special enough to ride shotgun?"

A look flashed through Sam's eyes for a moment before he shook his head with a smile. "Not yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 30 minutes later Marley slid into the red, vinyl booth across from the brothers, Sam on the outside and Dean on the inside. The diner was 60's themed and Marley loved it, she was a sucker for an old diner, especially with that jukebox against the far wall.

There was 15 seconds of silence, that was too short to be awkward, before the waitress came to the table. She had blonde hair that was pulled back into a ponytail, with wisps that gently fell in her face as she looked down at her pad of paper. She was about medium height with a decently athletic build. To put it simply- she was beautiful.

"Can I get you started with something to drink?"

Her eyes lifted up for the first time and they were a gorgeous sky blue. Her voice trailed off at the end as her eyes landed on the two men who were sitting at her table, particularly the one with the draw-dropping green eyes.