The Problem with Possession

Based on Season 3 Episode 1
Read at your own risk I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

"Marley I need your help." Sam spoke as soon as Marley picked up, he didn't even give her a chance to say hello.

Marley rolled her eyes. She was currently laying on top of the comforter in a motel room, staring up at the ceiling that she was pretty sure was about to cave in from mold.

"You do know this isn't a crisis help line right? I owed you a favor, I paid it, and if I remember correctly you now owe me one. This number was for a one time use-"

"Well then you should have ditched the phone."

Well snap. His tone was harsh and he had interrupted her... Sammy was pulling up his bootstraps. Marley's eyebrows rose slightly higher on her forehead.

"Geez what's got you twisted up like a twizzler?"

"I just need your help okay? I don't care if I owe you another one or whatever, but you have to help me." Sam's voice was on the brink of becoming desperate.

Marley sat up on the bed and tucked her feet Indian style. "You better make one heck of a pitch here Sammy cause right now I have no reason to say yes."

"It's a long story, but I died-"

That was all he got out before Marley interjected. "Alright buddy you're not just allowed to make stuff up to try and milk some sympathy out of me."

"No a guy stabbed me in the back and I died-"

"Okay apparently another rule I need to make clear, no exaggerating. Just cause your bestie stabbed you in the back by spilling a secret of yours and you died of embarrassment does not mean-"

"Can you just shut up and listen!"

Marley's eyebrows shot up. What on earth had gotten into the sweet little puppy dog?

"A guy literally stabbed me in the back, he used a knife and cut straight through my spinal column. I died." Marley kept her mouth shut. "Dean made a crossroads deal with a demon and now I'm alive, but he only has one year to live and I need your help to get him out of this deal."

Marley's face was contorted in confusion, and it had nothing to do with the mysterious yellow spot on the wall next to the door that looked like it was growing. "Demon?"

She swore she heard Sam groan on the other end of the line. "Yeah demons, hell, that's all real too, and a whole bunch of demons were just released into the world. Will you help me or not?"

"Oh I'm sorry let me just brush off the fact that demons are freaking real and pretend like that's completely normal." Sarcasm dripped from her mouth.

"Demons are evil and manipulative and a lot of the lore is true on them. I need you to read as many of the books as you can on them and see if you can find a way to get someone out of a deal." Sam spoke urgently.

"Woah woah woah. Slow your role there gigantore. I never said I was going to help."

There was a slight pause on the other end. "Dean is going to get dragged to hell Marley. Hell!"

"Yeah I get that part, I just don't see how helping you, benefits me. You already owe me once so it's not like I'm gaining much. And quite frankly Dean going to hell means one less person on this earth who is trying to kill me. Now that, that is motivation. So no, I'm good. Good luck with that."

Sam was silent for a while. Marley half expected to hear the click of the phone on the other end. Which to put simply, she wouldn't mind.

But he spoke.