Don't Go Bacon My Heart

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 14. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

Valentine's Day. One of the most useless holidays that existed in the entire 365 day calendar. When you were a kid in school, it was fantastic. Everyone was required to give valentines to everyone, even if they only wanted to give a valentine to one person. If you went to a good school, they let you bring in candy for people. Free candy— gotta love it.

But then you get older, and suddenly people start caring more about finding a significant other than free candy. Like what the heck? Who decided that? Definitely not the people in relationships. They now have all this pressure to do super romantic things because the calendar commanded it. The truth is, people who ask someone out on Valentine's Day are not cheesy, they're smart. Not only do you get massive help in remembering when you got together, but you also can knock out Valentine's Day and your anniversary in one move.

So what was Marley doing? Well she was with Dean... in a morgue, looking at people who had eaten each other alive. It was disgusting.

"You ready to get out of here?" Dean asked as he snapped off the plastic gloves he had on and threw them in the waste basket.

Marley nodded her head and they walked out to the Impala. "I mean what can even make a person do something like that?"

Dean shrugged as he turned the key, the engine roaring to life. "Demon, witch, some type of possession."

"But they would have both had to have been possessed right? I mean they were both ripping into each other. So what, demons get off on eating each other? Seems a little weird, even for them."

"Yeah, it does seem a little odd." Dean let out a small sigh and flipped on the tape deck, Led Zeppelin pouring out. "Guess we'll have have to see what Sam found at the dead chick's apartment."

They continued the drive back to the motel, and Marley found herself absentmindedly humming along to Misty Mountain Hop. Like every Zeppelin song, it was catchy as all get out and her fingers began drumming the beat against her leg. At one point her eyes drifted over to Dean and she caught him looking at her with the smallest of smiles playing on his lips.

"What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head, dismissing whatever thought was going on in his head, and focused back on the road, but the smile didn't quite leave his face.

"Whatever." Marley rolled her eyes, mumbling to herself. "Just bottle it up, like always."

The rest of the drive was silent, minus Zeppelin playing in the background. They got to the motel and Dean set up shop at the table in the room to look over the files again, see if they missed anything. Marley flopped on the bed and waited for Sam to return. Maybe it was years of being the perfect soldier, or maybe it was just the boys were better at hunting and she felt like it was a waste of time to help research a lot. But whatever the reason, she much preferred to just be pointed in a direction and told what to kill. So until there was at least some more information, she was just gonna take a moment to chill.

That moment didn't last more than 5 minutes before the door squeaked open and Sam walked in. He carried a brown paper bag that had grease staining the bottom of it.

"How'd it go?" Dean spoke up from his seat at the table.

"No EMF, no sulfur. Ghost possession and demonic possession are both probably out."

"Hm. That's where I was putting my money."

"Nope."

Marley got off the bed and walked over to the table where Sam had set the bag so he could take his suit jacket off. The paper crinkled beneath her hands as she opened the bag, the smell of cooked meat reaching her nose. A smile crossed her face as she noticed there were two burgers in there.