War - It Can't Be Won Alone

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 2. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

Marley sprinted all the way back to the church, ran down the stairs, and banged on the door. After waiting a whole 3 seconds, she banged on the door again. The door opened slightly and the rifle guy peeked his head around the door, clearly unsure of whether or not he was going to let her in. Marley didn't give him the chance to decide as she used her strength to push past him into the room. Her eyes scanned the room until they landed on Dean who was standing towards the back with a shocked look on his face.

She quickly made her way over and came to a halt right in front of him.

When she spoke it was with urgency. "There aren't any demons Dean. They're all humans- we're just hallucinating."

Dean's gaze flitted around the room- everyone's eyes were on them.

"Alright alright. Just take a breath for a second." He looked into her gray eyes and placed a hand gently on the side of her shoulder. "What do you mean there aren't any demons?"

By this point Sam and Ellen had made their way over to them and Dean dropped his hand back to his side. Sam almost rolled his eyes at his brother. It was like he thought if nobody else noticed the thing he had going on with Marley, then it would make it slightly less real.

"Look I found Jo-"

"You found her?" Ellen's posture completely changed and her eyes lit up. "Is she okay? Where was she? Why didn't you bring her back?"

Her voice had gone from excited, to disbelief, to accusatory.

"Look it's not that simple."

"Not that simple? You really expect me to believe that you couldn't get her here with your supernatural wolf strength?"

Marley unconsciously balled her hands into fists and clenched them at her sides.

"Have you met Jo?" Marley snapped at her. "There isn't a supernatural force strong enough to make her go anywhere she doesn't want to."

"Don't pretend like you know my daughter." Ellen's voice dropped to a dangerously low level.

Marley let out a low growl and Sam's eyes flicked nervously between the two, unsure of whether or not a ought was about to start. But Ellen simply scoffed at Marley before walking away. Once again Dean's eyes darted around the room, but only Roger, the man with the salt and pepper hair, seemed even slightly suspicious of what was happening. Everyone else in the room just seemed scared.

Marley took a breath, regaining her composure. She looked back at Dean, Ellen could wait, this demon thing couldn't.

"Her eyes were black. But holy water, salt, it all rolled right off her. Not to mention the fact that she was wearing an anti-possession charm."

Dean furrowed his brows and his head tilted slightly. "But that doesn't make any sense."

"Exactly." Marley stressed. "And then she called me a demon. Don't you see? I thought she was a demon, she thought I was a demon. But there aren't any demons at all!"

"Marley that's impossible."

She blinked at Dean in surprise, hurt flashing across her eyes. Her gaze drifted to Sam, just looking for someone to back her up, but he gave her a shrug.

"He's right Marley. Heck I killed two of them in the Quick-Mart with the demon knife."

"And it killed them the same way it always kills demons?" Marley questioned.