Snarls and Smiles

Takes place Season 4 Episode 8. I am not responsible for any spoilers in the comments.

They got to house, the address was listed in the paper to send gifts to, and everyone hopped out. After a careful inspection of the back seat Dean finally allowed them to walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell.

Hope answered the door. "Hello."

"Hi we're the florists for your wedding. You're fiancé called us the other day and asked us to come and talk to you about the floral arrangement." Sam's silver tongue had lies rolling off of it so seamlessly that Marley almost believed him.

"Oh!" Her face brightened in a wide smile. "Come in!"

For once the boys let Marley follow them inside.

"Wes! You didn't tell me that you called the florists for the wedding." It was a slightly scolding tone, but it was clear Hope was excited.

"Huh?" The nerdy man known as Wes was highly confused as he sat in his recliner.

"You're the best!" She kissed the top of his head. "I'm gonna go get my folders."

"Uh, o-okay."

"Wesley, how's it going?" Even Dean's calm voice sounded threatening.

Sam just shook his head at the man and Marley laid down behind them. She wasn't needed right now, but she wasn't going to leave them.

"It's Wes..." He tried to stand up and correct them but as the tall brothers approached him, he sat back down in his recliner. "Aren't you the guys from the health department?"

"Yeah. And florists, on the side." Sam turned to look at Dean, cueing him.

"Plus FBI. And on Thursdays, we're teddy bear doctors." Dean was 100% done with this case.

"Huh?"

"Doesn't matter who we are. What matters is what we know."

Sam glanced behind Wes at a few display cases of coins. "So, coin collector, huh Wes?"

Marley tuned out most of the "interrogation" that involved Dean not so subtly accusing and Wes unconvincingly denying. She also ignored Hope as she came back to discuss the floral arrangements. Quite frankly she found the woman annoying and didn't see a need to listen to her. She wasn't threatening the boys and that was all that mattered. But she was still thankful when she went to the kitchen to make coffee. Her ears flicked back to the conversation of the 3 men.

"Yeah well now you're gonna wish it back."

"Oh." Wes chuckled before realizing Sam was serious. "Oh. Ha ha, no, I'm not."

"If you don't stop it, something bad's gonna happen." Dean spoke earnestly.

"Something bad... like us."

Wes didn't look all that impressed so Marley stood up and walked between the boys legs. She let out a growl that caused everyone to look at her in surprise.

Dean recovered quickly, recognizing Marley's fear tactic. "We really wish you'd come with us."

Wes looked at Marley and her snarling teeth in fear before gulping and slowly nodding his head. They loaded back into the car, Wes sitting in the back as far from Marley as he could get. All three of the men were arguing about how the wishes all went bad and how not functional Wes's relationship was.

"Careful what you wish for." Wes said mockingly. "You know who says that? Good-looking jerks like you guys. The ones who've got it so easy because you happen to be handsome.