Welcome to Hell

This chapter takes place after Season 5 but before Season 6. However it may contain spoilers for Season 6. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

The next few minutes were all a blur to Marley despite her trying her best to focus, her brain was still spinning. Crowley had poofed them back to Hell, walking with a newly acquired confidence that came from the new title, and increased power he now possessed. They made their way to the throne room, Crowley whispering things to a few demons along the way, who immediately ran off to do what he asked. The series of twists and turns all blended together, all Marley's eyes took in was the back of Crowley as she followed behind him.

What was he going to have her do? Surely nothing too crazy. But then again, he is a demon. It was a good thing Dean wasn't here, otherwise he would have been slapping her with a giant "I told you so". Dean. If they had stopped the apocalypse, then Sam was in the cage, and Dean was all by himself. Sure, he probably still went to Bobby's here and there, but he was likely buried in trying to find a way to get Sam back and taking all of his emotions out on whatever monster he was hunting. Almost made her feel bad for the monsters. Seeds of doubt crept into her mind as her choice began to seem like the wrong one, but she quickly stifled them down. If she hadn't made the deal, then Death would have wiped out thousands of millions of people, and likely even more would have died in the apocalypse. She had saved people. She had done what needed to be done.

All of her senses rushed back to her as she finally managed to snap out of her own thoughts. They were in the throne room, Crowley sitting on the throne as she stood on his right beside him. In front of them, a large angry mob of demons, all shouting things at such a volume that she just wanted to curl up on herself and disappear.

"QUIET!"

Marley couldn't stop her body from flinching ever so sightly as Crowley silenced the room. At least momentarily. Apparently the word had been spread about the regime change, but it wasn't going well. After all, demons are liars, and all Crowley had was his own word.

"Do you honestly expect us to believe that Prince Ramiel just appointed some random demon to be king?"

Marley glanced between the questioning demon and Crowley. If she was being honest, this was about on par for what she expected out of Hell. They were all a bunch of demons, literally known for lying, manipulating, and just being all around horrible. Did he really expect them all to just accept that he was their new King, when he could just as easily be lying to them about it?

Crowley stood to his feet, the crowd of demons parting slightly as he stalked towards this one demon. Marley watched with a morbid curiosity. Every demon in that room clearly did not believe Crowley, and were obviously beyond disgruntled with even the idea that the demon in the Douche and Gabby suit was going to be running Hell. So what was the point of targeting this one demon? She had a feeling that a show of force here wasn't going to win them over.

Crowley came to a stop in front of Dennis (as she had so dubbed the random demon), mere inches from his face. "You heard Cheon. As much as she hates it, she still vouches that Ramiel offered me the throne."

"Your word isn't worth anything." Dennis basically spit in his face.

"Buzzelli, bring forth the item." He took a step back, addressing everyone in the room. "We all know that becoming King of Hell is more than just a title change, it also comes with a power upgrade. One of which is decreased vulnerability to our weaknesses."

A demon, who Marley assumed was Buzzelli, came through the crowd, a jar in his hands. As the jar was unscrewed, Marley's nose twitched, her head tilting slightly as she identified the contents. Salt. She watched as a small amount of salt was shaken into Crowley's hand. And then she watched as nothing happened. There was a slight hissing sound as the salt burned his skin, but nothing compared to the normal level of pain that it caused.