Somebody Better Call the Doctor

This is an original chapter. Takes place after Season 4 Episode 1 but before Season 4 Episode 8. I am not responsible for any spoilers in the comments.

Marley sighed heavily as she leaned backwards in the ugly mustard-yellow chair that was seated in front of a blue, stained table. Newspaper articles littered the table in front of her... and the bed behind her... and the floor beneath her feet. It was a mess. Marley rubbed her hand over her face, she had a serious headache. She had a case in front of her... somewhere. The obituaries and related news articles from the past few weeks surrounded her, from both the town she was in and surrounding towns that she had also managed to track. All of the deaths were bizarre- some guy had his brains boiled, another had choked on crickets, one poor lady who was a vegetarian somehow died of mad cow disease, the articles went on and on. But Marley couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. She knew it had to be some sort of supernatural monster but she was clueless as to what it was. The deaths didn't seem related and the way the victims died certainly wasn't.

A piercing ring cut through her headache as her phone began to go off. She stretched across the table to reach her backpack, causing some more papers to fall to the floor. She managed to snag it and pulled it over to her seat before rummaging through it for the mobile device.

She flipped it open. "This is Agent Underall."

"Hello this is Captain Tanner from the Logan County sheriffs department, you wanted to know if there were any strange deaths in the area? Well we just got a call in about a lady that was skewered to death..." There was a slight pause on the other end of the line. "It may be best if you just come down here and see for yourself."

Once Marley had the address, she quickly changed into a black skirt and blazer with a white shirt underneath and then headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She flashed her badge and ducked under the crime scene tape that was stretched across the doorway of the victim's apartment. Her eyes darted around the living room as she passed through it on the way to the kitchen. Everything was orderly and clean. The bookshelf was alphabetized by author, the couch looked like it had never been sat on, and the magazines on the spotless glass coffee table were organized in a perfect circle.

And then she walked into the kitchen. The yellow evidence number signs were scattered around the room outnumbering the various police personal that were milling about. The all white kitchen was just as pristine and organized as the living room, except for one accent wall that was splashed with red. Although something told Marley that that was a recent redecoration. A woman that was wearing just as crisp of an outfit as Marley was, was impaled on the wall by a set of kitchen knives. Marley's eyes flicked to the kitchen counter and she saw the knife block was empty.

"Agent Underall?"

Marley turned around and came face to face with a cop. He looked to be about 10 years older than she was and had a light scruff growing on his face. His blonde hair showed no signs of grey, but his tired blue eyes and the wrinkles on his face revealed his age.

"That's what the badge says." She barely managed to contain her smirk.

"Well quite honestly I have no idea what to make of this. No sign of forced entry and all the doors and windows were locked from the inside. It's... it's just..." Captain Tanner shook his head. "Bizarre."

Marley flicked her gaze over to the man and saw the horror and confusion in his eyes as he stared at the woman.

"Well thanks for calling me in on this."