Locked Out of Friendship

Takes place between the end of Season 3 and the beginning of Season 4. I am not responsible for any spoilers in the comments.

2 hours later Marley was laying on the bench in the holding cell of the town's police station.  They didn't have enough to actually charge her with and she knew it, so she wasn't all that concerned. She had taken off her socks and made them into a ball which she was currently tossing up into the air. Yeah, I know, it's genius. Next time you're bored try it.

The sheriff cleared her throat as she approached the cell. "Well your story checked out. The man was carrying a gun."

Marley turned her head to look at the lady. She had about shoulder length brown hair and was wearing a brown winter jacket that had a fur lined collar. The silver plated name tag glistened under the fluorescent lights. Mills. Marley continued tossing the sock ball into the air without looking at it.

"Cool so unlock the door and I'll be on my way."

"The man still wants to press charges."

Marley snatched the ball and shot up from the bench. She walked up to the bars that separated them. "I need to talk to him."

"Only thing I can let you do is have a phone call."

Marley rolled her eyes. She didn't know anybody that would actually help her. They were too drunk, too murdery, too far away, or too dead.

"Orrr..." Marley drawled out and locked her eyes with the lady in front of her. "You let me talk to him, just talk, for 5 minutes. I convince him to not press charges and that's a lot less paperwork for you, or I don't convince him and we're back to the same spot we're in now. C'mon sheriff no harm, no foul."

The woman studied her for a moment before walking away. "Dang it." Marley chucked her sock ball against the wall. My gosh she hated that woman. She hadn't been booked yet so she still had some hope, but if she got booked PEON would know exactly where she was. She sighed. She was screwed.

A throat cleared behind her. "Sheriff Mills said you wanted to talk?"

Marley turned around. Seriously? My gosh she liked that woman. She took in the man's unkept appearance and noticed he smelled like the street. He clearly was fairly poor and from the smell of it, a druggy. He was perfect.

"I want you to drop the charges." Marley stated it calmly and walked up to the bars.

"Why on earth would I do that? You assaulted me and I'm gonna get a couple pretty pennies from you in court to compensate."

"You were gonna draw your gun and you know it."

"Ya got no proof." He said smirking and went to walk away.

Marley was done fooling around. This guy wasn't well versed in the justice system so she could throw a few exaggerations in and be fine.

"If we go to court I will turn the tables on you and make your life a living hell before you can even blink." He stopped walking. "I'm willing to bet you don't have the money to hire an even half-way decent plaintiff. Meanwhile me and my lawyer can have you brought up on illegal weapon possession which means 2 years in prison and a $1000 fine. Plus I can add on more money for emotional trauma that you put me through by having me falsely accused. Not to mention the fact that you're involved in the business of illegal drugs which opens the door for a whole new set of charges."

"All right! All right. Keep your voice down." The panic had appeared on his face as he went and stood in front of Marley.

She held back a smirk and kept on her deadly, emotionless face. "Drop the charges."