The Family Business

This chapter takes place during Season 7 Episodes 2 & 3. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

Warning: This chapter is over 10,000 words but I highly recommend you read all in one sitting and that you are prepared. See you on the flip side.

The pencil vibrated in her hand with remarkable speed by just the smallest movements of her thumb and index finger. Her gray eyes scanned over the chart that was covered in pencil marks and so much eraser debris that it looked like a war zone. Across from her sat Sam, studying his own chart with equal intensity as his pencil eraser rested gently on his bottom lip. Between them sprawled an entire mansion, pieces of cheap plastic littered throughout.

Bobby sat in his own chair, staring up at the ceiling, long since having given up at ever winning and was really just there as a placeholder so they could play the game. Don't get him wrong, he loved the game, but these two had the ability to take all the fun out of it by being way too die hard. He would have walked away after game 3, but he happened to agree with Sam. Playing games, for whatever reason, seemed to be helping Marley shed her Crowley mind.

Suddenly the pencil froze. She needed to get to the dining room. Thankfully the dice she had rolled gave her the 9 she needed to get there. She quickly moved the corresponding yellow piece and the candlestick into the room.

"I suggest that Colonel Mustard did it with the candlestick in the dining room."

Sam shook his head and Marley switched her gaze to Bobby. The old man let out a heavy sigh, flipping through his cards before showing her the dining room. She quickly refocused on her chart, pencil moving around, making wide, repetitive circles on her answers. Her eyes lit up, a wide grin beginning to spread across her face before she lifted her pad up and covered her mouth.

Sam bit down on his eraser, glancing between the board and his own chart. 27 seconds passed before he finally rolled the dice, giving him a 6. It was enough to get him to the middle, or the library. His teeth continued to gnaw on the pink rubber, eyes flitting rapidly around his chart of Xs.

"Come on Stanford, if anyone should be able to figure out a murder, it should be the guy with the almost law degree."

A snort so quiet that even Marley almost missed it, came from the stairwell. Her gray eyes flicked over to the lone figure who was sitting on the stairs, mostly obscured by the railing. A laptop rested on his legs, fingertips on the keys, but he wasn't looking at the screen as his head was dipped down in an attempt to further hide his amusement. A smile twitched onto her lips for the briefest of moments before she refocused on the game.

Sam moved Mr. Green to the library, causing Marley to arch an eyebrow. "You're not going to guess?"

He sent her an exasperated look. "It's been three rounds. Three. There is no way you have enough information to make a correct guess, you're just trying to make me lose by guessing too early."

Marley made a 'fair enough' face, but it ended in a smirk that clearly said she still had every intention of winning. Sam finished his turn, passing the dice to Bobby who haphazardly tossed them onto the board before moving through the secret door into the lounge. He muttered something under his breath about how if the house had secret doors it probably had escape tunnels too that he vehemently felt his character would use. Marley showed him the pipe and then rolled the dice.

The 7 was more than enough for her to get to the middle of the board. She reached for the envelope as she spoke. "I'm prepared to make my accusation." She opened the envelope and looked at the three cards inside. "Mrs. Peacock with the revolver in the billiards room." She flipped over her chart into the middle of the board. "Boom."