Sarcastic Squabbles

Spoilers:
Based on Season 2 Episode 3. Read at your own risk.

As soon as Marley had closed the door behind her she knew she wasn't going to make it very far. The adrenaline had worn off and her shoulder was once again on fire. She knew that man was still around and she had to hide, now, before he found her. Hiding in a room would be too risky, so Marley headed around the side of the building. She shifted into a wolf and headed towards the bushes that lined the edge of the property. They weren't very well kept so they provided a decent amount of coverage and she was hoping that he would be looking for a person and not a wolf. She pushed her way through the bushes and curled up in the middle of them with her nose tucked under her tail. She was asleep within a minute as exhaustion swept over her.

Meanwhile Gordon was searching every single room in the 4 story motel. Talking to every manager and any guest he could find. A wide variety of people, but they all had one thing in common, not a single one of them had seen this girl. Gordon was growing increasingly frustrated and angry. To be fair he had no idea what he was really up against. None of the hunters did. The Harvelles and the Winchesters were the only ones who knew what she was, all the other hunters only knew some version of what went down at the roadhouse. So Gordon was hunting her like a monster, not a soldier. He had been searching for hours, searching storerooms, bathrooms, janitors closets; if there was a way in to a room he searched it. The last place he had to check was the pool.

And then there was Dean. He had called Sam again when he was about an hour out and Sam told him everything that had happened. How Marley had been there, that there was another hunter named Gordon hunting her here as well, and that Marley had gotten away but was injured. Sam told him he was going on a supply run and would be back later, but truthfully he just needed some time alone. Dean had arrived recently at the motel and had just finished loading his secret weapon. His head snapped up at the sound of a door closing. A man walked out in a red plaid shirt and Dean immediately recognized him from Sam's description as Gordon.

"Hey!" Dean yelled over and Gordon's hand subconsciously moved towards his gun. "You Gordon?"

Gordon's face grew hard and he made his way over to Dean. "Who are you?"

"Name's Dean Winchester." He stuck out his hand and Gordon shook it.

"Winchester. You John Winchester's boy?"

Dean gave a sharp nod. "You knew him?"

"Met him once. Heck of a hunter. Heard about what happened to him, my condolences. It's big shoes, but from what I hear you fill 'em. Great tracker, good in a tight spot."

"You seem to know a lot about me." Dean said treading cautiously.

"Well word travels fast. You know how hunters talk."

"Yeah and I heard you're hunting Marley."

"Yeah. She's a slippery little minx."

Dean scoffed. "You're telling me. I could actually use another hunter if you wanted in."

"This is my case. It's a real pleasure meeting you but I'm a go it alone type of guy. Sorry kid."

Dean gritted his teeth. He was gonna be the one to kill that girl and nothing was getting in his way. "My brother and I have been tracking her since the Roadhouse. I'm not asking your permission."

Gordon gave a half smile. "Stubborn as your old man. Alright well I've searched this entire motel top to bottom and nobody has seen her."

"She wouldn't hide in the motel there's too many people. Too easy to get caught." Dean said glancing around.