Chapter 1

Seokjin was walking from the grocery store in which he bought their last meal with. It was about 2 months since he got fired in his job and since then he was declined by every company that he tried to apply for a position. 

He sighed as he opened the door. He took of his shoes then headed inside the small but cozy apartment where he and his brother lived for about a year. 

"Hyung!" Taehyung greeted him with a smile. "What's for dinner?" 

"I managed to buy ramen that'll last for-" Jin sighed as he looked at Tae who gave him a pat in the back.

Tae knows his brother is doing his best for them. He kinda feels sad that he can't even help his brother in his little way.

"It's fine, hyung. We'll figure out something tomorrow." Tae told Jin as they sat and began to eat dinner.

They were eating when Jin's phone rang. He immediately picked it up to see who the caller is. It was an unknown number. He doesn't like  answering unknown phone calls so he discarded it and resumed eating. A couple of minutes passed and his phone rang again-it was the same caller. 

In frustration, he pressed the answer button.

"Hello?" he asked.

" Is this Kim Seokjin? "

Jin is confused but he still chose to continue the conversation.

" Yes, how may I help you? " he said politely.

" Mr. Kim granted the position you applied for. You can start tomorrow. "

The call was over but Jin was still shocked from what the caller said. Taehyung on the other hand was worried at his hyung. Jin looks confused but his face looks like he just won the lottery that hold millions. 

" Hyung, what happened? " Tae asked Jin.

" I just got accepted to a job. " Seokjin whispered but enough for Tae to hear it.

" Well, isn't that--wait?! You got accepted?!" he asked again.

Jin nodded.

" Oh, man! Holy shit! " Tae cursed in excitement!

Jin laughed at his younger brother's action. Tae was constantly shouting with his hands up in the air. He was so happy at Jin's achievement.

" I told you, hyung! You're really the best!" Tae hugged Jin and the older replied with a smile.

" Your boss must've been so nice that he granted your desired position. " Tae said without hesitation.

With that, Jin suddenly remembered how that man told him harsh words when he tried to apply for that position a few days ago. Nice, huh?  He only remembered how that bastard told him he's nothing and just a pretty-faced asshole. 

" Maybe, I haven't met him yet. " he lied to Tae. He doesn't want his brother to be worried. What's important is that Tae can now resume his schooling and that there will be enough money for them to live day by day.

After washing the dishes and tidying up the place, Jin checked on Taehyung only to see his little brother tucked in the bed with a happy face. He placed a quilt on Tae's as he kissed his forehead goodnight.

" Sleep well, Tae Tae. " he whispered as he exit the younger's room and proceeded to his own room to get ready for his first day of work tomorrow. He sat on the bed after washing himself and preparing the things for tomorrow. 

He glanced at the photographs plastered on the wall. Time passes really fast. Tae's now 18 and healthy. So far from a sickly boy who never had playmates because no one wants to go near him due to his illness. It's not it is contagious. People are just so judgmental. 

Jin's fingers grazed upon the frame where his parents' photo reside. He misses them so much. Afraid of making a noise that'll wake up the younger one, he decided to sleep it off and prayed for tomorrow to be better.

" You'll be great, Jin. " he told himself as he fell into a deep slumber.