Chapter 38

Note: Flashbacks are italicized.

" Do you still love him? I mean, N-Namjoon-hyung? " 

Namjoon's hands frozed on the doorknob.

" No, Tae. " 

and that was it.

That was when Namjoon slowly

stepped back

from the room.

From the only person

he had ever loved.

From no other than

Kim Seokjin.

----

At some point in our lives, we feel lost and empty. As if something is missing but we can't comprehend what we've lost. But for a man named Namjoon, lost and empty is an understatement of what he truly felt. He was like...non-existing. It feels like he had nothing.

With bottles of liquor scattered on the floor, Namjoon questioned his existence and over and over remember the words he had heard from Jin.

Jin doesn't...he doesn't love him anymore.

He doesn't want to believe it. God knows, he never wanted to believe it. But he was stupid and ruthless to Jin. He was an asshole. He still is. 

and he knew...

the truth better that

anyone else.

" Namjoon-ah! Look~ " 

Namjoon smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks.

" They look like stars! Isn't it beautiful?! " 

" Have you ever been in a situation where you're near but it feels like you're very far? When that something is in front of you but when you try reaching for it...it becomes unreachable. " 

The picture of two grown men, sitting on the damp grass, forgetting the traffic around the area flashed into Namjoon's thoughts.

" A lot of times... " 

" But its fine... I already got used to it. There are really things that are unreachable despite the distance. We can't force something that's not for us. " 

" What do you do about it, then? " 

" I let go of it... " 

Tears streamed down like a waterfall from Namjoon's eyes and soft gasps of breath from trying to hold back the tears are escaping from his mouth. It only took a piece of the memory for Namjoon to break down like a fragile glass at the edge of the table.

Namjoon curled up on the cold floor inside his dark living room. Alone. Heartbroken. 

Almost

As if

Never gonna see the light again.

If not for Hoseok and Yoongi, Namjoon might end up losing all of his remaining sanity. They carried Namjoon towards his room and took turns monitoring and at the same time comforting him in the best way they could come up every single day.

" Hyung, he's not getting any better. " Hobi told Yoongi as he drank the juice from his glass.

" Who's not getting any better? " 

A casual looking Jungkook  entered the living space of Namjoon's house as if he owns it.

" Joon. He decline's going out and doesn't wanna talk about the situation. " Yoongi answered.

" How long has it been?! " Jungkook asked in an anxious tone.

" Around a month--wait, where the hell are you during that time?! " Hoseok pointed suspiciously at Jungkook before asking the question. 

Jungkook scratched his head and averted his eyes.

" Wait, a month?! Still no improvements? " He asked the two.

Yoongi and Hobi shook their heads and Jungkook sighed. 

The two might be apart 

but it's the same feeling

of a broken heart.

Just how fucked up love is? 

Maybe, more fucked up

than someone ever 

imagined.

Maybe, more fucked up

that these two people

thought it was.

A/N: Just in case you didn't notice, this is the answer for Chapter 25, when Namjoon toured Jin at Paris. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! (It helps build my confidence.)

Thank you so much!

-childofmoonsters