Chapter 36

Jin woke up in a familiar room. White ceiling, white walls. A hint of antiseptic seeping into his nostrils like the bitter undertone of fragrance coming from soaps and cleaners. 

The IV fluid hangs loosely from his wrist to where it is attached and he felt like half of his body had been squeezed with full force.

He's inside a hospital.

" What happened? "  he asked himself.

Then it struck him like thunder. He remembered running away from the building. 

Numb. Non-feeling.

He just wanted to break down, cry, and perhaps...go home. 

But when he came face to face with the fast paced car, he never had the chance to utter a single word. Instead, he closed his eyes.

" Hyung! Y-You're awake! " Taehyung dropped the bouquet of flowers that he is holding as his eyes landed on his precious hyung all spaced out on the hospital bed. Tae can't help the warm liquid from cascading down his cheeks. He felt so relieved.

The doctor and nurse checked Seokjin while Taehyung patiently listened beside his brother. Nodding once in a while and remembering every detail the doctor mentioned. 

" Hyung. " Tae called Jin. His voice sounded like he was forcing himself not to crumble and fall.

" I'm here, Tae Tae. " Jin extended his hand to his brother and with all the force he could create with his situation, he pulled Tae for a hug. The latter can't hold back his tears from falling down.

" Awww~ did you miss me? " 

" H-Hyung! I was so scared that I-I m-might l-lose you..." Tae whispered. His back heaving up and down as he cried. 

Jin cupped his brother's cheeks and wiped his tears.

" I'll never leave you, Taehyung-ah! Always remember that...Jin-hyung will never leave you... " 

The two brothers hugged each other lightly but the warmth that they share is undeniably more than a tight hug. 

They'd gladly stay in that position for minutes not until a certain someone broke the silence by releasing a cough.

" Uh, hello? I didn't really want to bother but I just wanna say that I'm glad you're already okay. " Jungkook said, placing the roses on the bedside table along with the one's Tae brought. The male smiled at Taehyung before going out of the room to let the two have some time and Jin witnessed his brother's cheeks turn into a blushing mess.

Seokjin smiled and lightly smacked Tae's head earning a groan from the younger.

" Aw! Ah~hyung! What's that for? " 

" You are flirting with Jeon Jungkook. "

" I-I'm not! " Tae whined.

" YOU. ARE. "

" Hyung~ I-I'm really not. W-Were just friends. "

Jin laughed and chose to let go of the matter. After all, no matter how many times Taehyung deny it...Jin will always know his brother. 

" Hyung...I just want to ask. " Taehyung hesitated.

" What is it? "

" Do you still love him? I mean, N-Namjoon-hyung? " Tae whispered. Hoping that somehow it wouldn't strain Jin.

Jin fell silent. 

" No, Tae. " Jin said as he recalled their last conversation. 

The last time he saw him.

That day Namjoon pushed him away.

The day of the accident.

All seems to agree. All might believe. 

But then, is it really the truth?

or is Seokjin running away again?