Chapter 37

" Oh! Hyung! " Jungkook blocked Namjoon from his way outside the hospital and launched a hug at him. The male groaned in annoyance but later on smiled at the younger.

" Did you visit Jin-hyung? He just woke up from you know--the accident? " Jungkook's word pacing diminished as he realized how sensitive the topic is for his hyung. He looked at Namjoon's face in search for the expected expression only to step back a little at the emptiness of Joon's eyes.

" Yeah...I visited him. " Namjoon blankly smiled and fixed his coat before continuing. 

" It's great to know I wouldn't be completely a murderer. "

Namjoon walked away leaving Jungkook standing there at the entrance of the hospital in trance. Jungkook sighed and decided to completely enter the hospital to visit Taehyung---I mean, his brother Seokjin. 

Jungkook mentally slapped himself as he tried to erase the thought of Taehyung in the corners of his mind. Which was, particularly, a very hard thing to do. 

" Ouch--"

Great, he bumped with someone. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he helped the man  only to see..

" Clumsy bear. " 

" W-What? Oh...hi. " A pink tint slowly crept at Taehyung's cheeks as he averted his eyes to the floor where his purchased oranges lay. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and crouched down to help Taehyung pick them up. When they finished putting the oranges inside the bag, Jungkook offered to carry it to Jin's room earning another blush from Taehyung.

" Thank you. " Taehyung muttered as he led the way to his hyung's room. 

Jungkook opened the door for Taehyung effortlessly while carrying the bag of oranges. A smile crept in Taehyung's face as he whispered ' thank you ' to Jungkook. The latter only gave him a smile before completely entering the room. 

" Hyung, I got you some oranges. " Tae said.

" Oh, that's nice. Hi, Sir. " Jin replied, a weak smile on his face. 

Jungkook chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. 

" Don't call me Sir. Just Jungkook, hyung~" he smiled at Jin. 

" Oh. Thank you Jungkook-ah for saving me back then. " Jin said recalling the time where he was sent by Namjoon to make Jungkook sign the paprs for the contract.

" Oh, yeah. That was really dangerous, hyung. You shouldn't go to places like that. " 

" Same goes for you, Kook. You shoul--- "

" Alright. Alright. Don't nag me. " 

Jungkook cut Jin's words off and as if on cue, they both laughed at the conversation. Meanwhile, Taehyung was there pouting while trying to vent his jealousy on the little orange. When he can't take it any longer, he stormed off the room leaving the two men unaware of the reason.

" Hyung, did Namjoon-hyung say anything while he was here?  " Jungkook asked after the laughter faded. " It's alright if you don't wanna answer. "

" He's here? " Jin asked, his tone in disbelief.

Jungkook's forehead creased in confusion as he tried to remember Namjoon's exact words--trying to make sure it was the right thing that his hyung had said.

" I met him at the entrance while I was going in from the convenience store. He said he paid you a visit. " 

" R-Really? " Jin's head hanged low and his eyes watered.

" H-He never did? " Jungkook asked.

" He did, I guess. " Jin smiled while wiping the tears that somehow managed to escape from the brim of his eyes. " He did visit. Just...Just not when I was awake. I-I d-don't k-know. Maybe he didn't... "

Jin's heart ached as he thought about Namjoon.

It ached throughly.

As if slowly

ruining his being.

As if devouring

his remaining 

sanity. 

But this time, he'd be someone more than just a fragile human being who always need protecting.

This time, he wanted to be the protector

of himself

and his

fragile heart.

A/N: Yey! I'm back earlier than promised. I'd still be updating another chapter tomorrow tho so pleaseeeeeeee support this slow paced story. Hehe.

Don't forget to vote and comment! (It helps build my confidence.) 

Thank you! 

-childofmoonsters