Chapter 22

" Uh, I heard you're going on a business conference abroad. " Jin broke the eerie silence that enveloped the car.

" Yeah. We'll be flying tomorrow. " Namjoon calmly replied.

Tomorrow?!  We?! Jin's eyes widened and he turned towards Namjoon. " T-Tomorrow? We're going tomorrow?! " He hysterically asked. 

" Yeah, didn't you see the email I sent you days ago? "

" N-No...You could've told me in person... "

Tsk. How can I? I might end up kissing you and that will break your professionalism rule. Namjoon wanted to say those words but he knew Jin would think he's toying with him again.

" I have other things to do. " Namjoon replied before maneuvering the steering wheel to the small parking place near Jin's house. After unbuckling his seatbelt, he went into the passengers seat to open the door for Jin. With that simple gesture, Jin's heart went wild.

Little did he know...he wasn't the only one feeling it.

" Uh, I'm going inside. " Jin muttered.

Namjoon scratched his head before speaking. " The bags...those are for you. " He said while opening the trunk—carrying the shopping bags with both of his hands. Jin pursed his lips before helping the man carry the items inside his house. 

" You really don't have to but thanks... " Jin smiled at Joon and the latter felt uneasiness in his stomach. He smiled back. 

" If you're eally thankful— "

" No. I'm not gonna kiss you. " Jin protested, covering his lips and stepping back from the tall male.

Namjoon laughed and took a step towards Jin. " I was about to say...call me Namjoon from now on. " He smiled and ruffled Jin's hair. " Sorry to disappoint but I'm not doing what you think, love. " 

" I-I didn't say anything! " Jin hit Namjoon but the man dodged it perfectly. 

" Namjoon-hyung? " All of a sudden, a pair of eyes stared questionally at them. Jin retreated from hitting Namjoon again and the other looked at the other person in the room. 

" Jungkook? What are you doing here? " Namjoon asked.

" Kook you left yourhyung?! " Tae's face is evident with shock as he look at his older brother. Jin smiled lightly, not having the slightest idea why Jungkook—his boss' friend—is present inside the house.

" Uh, who wants coffee? " Jin interrupted. Namjoon nodded and sat on the couch. Jungkook did the same too.  Tae handed the jacket to the latter and gave the boy a nervous smile. He followed his Jin-hyung to the kitchen. 

" What the hell are you doing here, Jeon Jungkook?! " Namjoon demanded an explanation from the younger who remained silent, pissing off Namjoon. " Ya! Answer me! " Joon elbowed Jungkook making theyounger groan.

" I just helped Tae in his project. " Jungkook lied. 

" Yeah and pigs fly! Don't even try to toy with that boy. I'm warning you, Jeon Jungkook. "

" Do you like him? " Jungkook asked, an eyebrow raised at Joon.

" No. I like his brother. " Namjoon answered, not minding the younger's possible reaction. " So don't you ever mess with Kim Taehyung, you idiot. " Namjoon seriously added.

The room went silent before the two brothers returned at the living room, holding a cup of coffee. Jin smiled at Jungkook while Taehyung avoided Jungkook's gaze. After a couple of minutes, Jungkook bid goodbye at the three.

" Tae, I have things to discuss with you. " Namjoon.

" If it's about the business trip abroad, Jin-hyung told me earlier. I'm fine with it as long as my hyung is safe and alright. " Tae flashed a bright smile at Namjoon and gazed at his hyung.

" Sure. I'll return him unscathed. " Namjoon replied—finishing his coffee. " Well...I'll be going. I still need to pack for tomorrow. " Namjoon stood up and nodded to Taehyung. Jin on the other hand decided to accompany his boss outside.

They were walking towards the car when Namjoon suddenly stopped and faced Jin. It was so sudden that Jin almost stumbled. If not for Namjoon's reflexes, Jin's butt will surely ache at the impact.

" Careful. " Namjoon whispered. After gaining composure, they continued to walk to the parked car. Namjoon stood there motionless, as if waiting for Jin to say something. When he felt that there was none, he opened the door leading to the driver's seat only to feel a gentle tug coming from Jin.

He slowly faced Jin and the latter tiptoed and planted a kiss on his cheek. Fuck?!

" Thank you. " Jin muttered, eyes on the ground, cheeks red due to embarassment. Namjoon snapped out from reverie and lifted Jin's chin to meet his gaze. 

" No. Thank you. For making me feel things I never thought I am capable to feel. "  Joon smiled lightly at Jin. His heart brought havoc to his entire being like a strong earthquake.  

Jin was stoned. Did the man confessed at him? Kim Namjoon confessed at him? !

" Y-You like me? " With all the courage, he finally asked.

" Yeah... " Namjoon answered, averting his gaze from Jin. 

" Really? " Jin asked again to clarify.

" Aish, I'd already said yes! " Namjoon stomped like an eight year old before smiling at Jin. " It's getting late, love. I'd be going. See you tomorrow! " Namjoon entered the car and started the engine—driving away from Jin.

and Jin...with hammering chest...still cannot believe what the hell just happened. He watched the car till it vanished from his sight before going back home to pack all his necessities for a week's stay abroad. After packing, he headed to bed with a smile on the face.

This day is tiring but he'll surely have a good night sleep....

A/N: Yey! Finally! Thanks for the 400+ reads!