Chapter 40

Jin pulled away from the shocked male and rushed outside the kitchen only to be held by a pair of strong arms.

" You can push me away like I did to you. You can hurt me in any way you could. I won't be letting go of you... Not again, Jin. I can't afford to lose you completely... " 

Silence.

" I-I'm not leaving...I was just embarrassed... " Jin shyly said. 

Namjoon's gripped loosened as his cheeks reddened. He was embarrassed by his own sudden action. Jin slowly faced Namjoon and smiled shyly.

" I'm sorry. " They said in unison.

" I'm sorry for all the things I did... I know a sorry won't do anything to change all those horrible things but let me prove myself. Just one chance, Jin. Just one... " 

Namjoon is kneeling on the floor while holding Jin's hands. His eyes are just like a broken showerhead. A waterfall. 

" I'm sorry, Joon. I don't think I can give you just one chance... " Jin whispered but enough for Namjoon to hear it.

Namjoon shakily stood up and wiped his tears. He was damn hurt and lost. He held Jin's hands one last time and asked...

" Do you want some ice cream? I think we have strawberry flavored ones in the fridge. " 

" Joon- "

" Yeah, I'll go grab it. " 

" Will you just listen to me, Kim Namjoon?! " 

Jin shouted. He had enough of Namjoon's attitude. He wanted to tell him how he can't give him just one chance because that wouldn't be enough. He wanted to give him unlimited chances. That's what he wanted to say but Joon misunderstood it again and now...he wouldn't let Jin speak up.

" I hate you! I hate this! I hate how you always assume things without letting me talk! I hate how you underestimate my feelings for you! Damn you, Kim Namjoon! I can't give you just one chance! I would give you all the chances in this world! Even if it takes me my whole being! So, stop crying! Y-You look ugly... " 

Namjoon's jaw is about to fall off. He just stood there with his 148 IQ not processing everything Jin had said.

" W-What? "

" I love you, you dummy! " Jin crossed the gap between them and planted a kiss on Namjoon's lips. It only took a couple of seconds for Joon to process everything as he kissed back with the same intensity.

The kiss is nothing but a very slow and passionate one.

As if reminiscing every moment that they missed.

Their lips morphed into each other as if melting.

Jin wrapped his arms unto Namjoon's neck and the latter deepened the kiss. They were both gasping for air when they pull away from each other's grip. 

They sure as hell that was one of a fucking good kiss.

" Boys? Are you done eating each other's faces? " Mrs. Kim popped out of the entrance of the kitchen making Jin flinch and look away with burning chicks and swollen lips. 

" M-Mom, that wasn't nice. " Namjoon scratched his neck and looked at the person behind him. He smiled.

" Well, it's almost dinner. You can stay here, sweetie. " Mrs. Kim lovingly glanced at Jin and graced him with a smile. She then turned to Namjoon and winked. 

The two of them are left again in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes of catching up, they decided to climb upstairs.

To talk.

Yeah.

What did you expect?

" So, how did you manage to get here with mom? " Namjoon asked. His head was resting on Jin's lap as the latter stroked his hair.

" I saw her at the grocery store. I was contemplating whether I'd get peaches or oranges. " 

" Peaches. I love them. "

" Yeah. It's funny how I didn't grasp the thought that I'm talking to your mother. Maybe I was too preoccupied. I only realized everything the moment we arrived at the entrance. " 

Jin laughed.

And Namjoon just stared.

" I missed that. "

" Hmm? "

" Your laugh. "

" I missed you too. "

" You did? I thought you don't love me at all... " 

" You heard? "

" I was there. " Namjoon bitterly laughed. 

" You didn't hear everything, I guess. " Jin smiled then he continued.

  " How could I erase the person I have known all my life? My first love...The one who promised to stay with me till the end. How could I erase my feelings for you, Joon? "

Jin wiped the tears that unintentionally fell on Namjoon's cheeks. 

" There's no way you'd erase me from your life, Kim Seokjin. "

" You're mine. "

A/N: Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy