Chapter 28

They were currently cuddling each other under the sheets. Namjoon stroked Jin's soft hair as the male slowly fell into a deep slumber. He gently slipped away from Jin's grasp, placing a pillow in replacement for his absence. 

His feet dragged him to the built-in bar and his hands reached for a bottle of whiskey. Grabbing a shot glass never crossed Namjoon's mind as he sat down on a recliner at the balcony of the room. 

Jin liked him too. 

He should be relieved, right?

But why does it feel like it's more complicated for Namjoon now?

He chugged the liquor down as if he is drinking water. For a moment, he stopped. He gazed at the view in front of him. Same place. Same hotel room. Could it possibly be the same person too?

Namjoon reached for the single photo in his back pocket. For several years, it had been his lucky charm. He straightened out the slightly crumpled photo and stared at the image of two men, smiling straight at the camera. Not having the slightest idea that it'll be their last photo together.

Tears streamed down Namjoon's eyes. His hands trembled as he placed the bottle gently on the cold floor. He covered his mouth to prevent his sobs from escaping. A single tear is a sign of weakness. And even if the world may seem to contradict his belief, he knows the truth. He knows himself more.

He's weak. 

He broke down. Drunk and dizzy on the cold floor as his tears continued to flow from his brown orbs. The night was silent as if it clearly understand what Namjoon is feeling not until a single phone call broke the entire silence. 

Namjoon dried his tears and stared at the screen. It was Yoongi. He pressed the answer button and held his phone straight to his ear.

" Hey. It's late now. Call me back-- " 

" Hey, Joon. " Yoongi said, cutting whatever Namjoon is saying. " How are you? "

" I-I'm fine. " 

" Shut up. Don't make me a fool. " 

Namjoon went silent. He knew he could never lie to someone who knows him half of his life. Even if he conceal what he truly feels at the moment, Yoongi would be able to know. The man was a living lie detector. 

He sighed. 

" Look, I'm really alright. I'm just tired, I guess. "

" Same country. Hotel. Room. Fuck it! " Namjoon can sense annoyance in Yoongi's voice. 

" Don't tell me you're fine, Joon! That man you've brought in there--I don't care if he's that person or it's just a fucking coincidence! " 

Yoongi was shouting from the other line. " I saw the hell out of you 2 years ago, Joon. Don't you think it's enough torture? " 

" I love him, hyung. " 

" Who? The person laying on your bed right now or him? " 

" I... "

" See? That's what I'm talking about, Joon. You're not only rubbing salt on your own wound. You're also hurting other people. Let's wait for Hobi's full report. Right now, rest yourself and thoroughly every decision that you make. "

" I will. Thanks. "

" It's little to what he had done for me before. " Yoongi ended the call and Namjoon felt his knees weaken. He let the cold wind envelope his body, silntly wishing for the breeze to take his thoughts away. Just for this night. Just for this fucking night.

Yoongi's words are bullets being fired straight down his own heart. No, scratch that. It went deeper down his soul, piercing every single muscle he had. 

A few minutes later, Namjoon decided to go back to bed. After taking a hot shower and placing a new pair of pajama's, he gently slipped under the covers with Jin. He sighed. He was a selfish man. He's gonna be living his selfishness again as soon as he wrapped his arms along Jin's waist and kissed the male's forehead.

A/N: I know. You're confused. The story is slowly unraveling the past. Be prepared for the twists and turns! I hope you enjoy the story!