Chapter 20

It's been a week since Seokjin had seen Namjoon and to be honest, he felt uneasy. Lia had been the one who sends the files to Mr. Kim and Jimin accompanies Namjoon when there are board meetings. The only thing that Jin did was arrange the male's schedule and send it through his email. 

" Jin, can you send this to Mr. Kim instead? I really need to go to the rest room. " Lia is clutching her belly while pouting at Jin.

" Uh, I don't think he— " 

" Oh gosh! Do it for me, please! Bye! " Lia rushed towards the hall leading the restroom. Jin facepalmed internally and gathered the folders. He knocked at the door before entering.

" Come in. " Seokjin bit his lips gathering courage to step inside his office. It was like the first time he had walked into the room. Slowly, he pushed the door and gazed at the man sitting on the swivel chair right across. His heart went wild when he found out that Namjoon was looking at him too. 

" Won't you give me that? " Namjoon pointed at the folders Jin was holding on for dear life. The man looked ethereal in his office attire and Jin's heart couldn't just take it. Smacking his head internally, Jin stepped towards  the mahogany table and placed the documents. A part of him wanted to say something but he's mind is clouded with thoughts and possibilities.

Without any word, he exited the room and sighed. 

Is this what it feels like to be treated as if you're invisible?

" Hyung, are you okay? " 

" Yeah... "

" Oh, okay. Did Namjoon-hyung told you about the conference abroad? " Jimin questioned while fixing his hair that was slightly dishiveled. The way Jimin address their own boss baffles Seokjin the most but for now he have more important things to focus.

" Abroad? "

" Yeah, you're suppose to go with him. " Jimin announced.

" Me? B-But.. "

" Oh, I need to go now. I have filed a leave for this afternoon. " 

Seokjin was left with tons of questions regarding what Jimin told him. Namjoon didn't tell him anything at all, how will he believe it? And... is he really gonna go with Namjoon? The man was probably mad at him due to their encounter. Jin deeply sighed. His mind formulating thoughts. With a pop-up notification from his phone, he snapped in his reverie.

From: Mr. Kim ( xxx-xxx-xxx-xx )

Accompany me to the mall after office hours. 

And that was enough for Jin's fragile self to sweat and be nervous. There are still a few hours left to occupy his mind from everything. Grabbing the piled folders on his desk, Jin started scanning and finishing all the tasks left in his desks. He didn't eve realized what time it is until Mrs. Song-a fellow employee approached him.

" Mr. Kim is already at the parking lot, son. You better get there. " Jin's eyes widened in shock. He glanced at his wristwatch and gathered his things as fast as he could. He even ran to the parking lot. Gasping for air, he bowed at the man who was leaning on a wall. Impatience wasn't the emotion that Jin saw when he met the man's gaze. It was something more that that. 

" Do you know how to drive? " Namjoon asked and Jin nodded slowly. The man gestured  at the black Rolls-Royce parked in front of them. " I can't drive. I don't have a license. " Namjoon explained when he noticed the confused look on Jin's face. Handing the key to Jin, Namjoon sat on the passenger seat. Jin was driving to a high-end mall. The atmosphere in the car is eerie that the Namjoon and Jin felt suffocated.

" I'm sorry, " Namjoon bursted the eerie silence. " For being a complete asshole... "  he continued. His eyes showed sincerity. It was truly a waste that Jin chose to focus his gaze on the road not even sparing the man riding the passenger seat a glance.

With a sigh, Jin stepped on the brakes and parked the car on the side of the road. He removed his seatbelts and faced Namjoon. He bit his lips in frustration and when he finally gave up, Jin decided to just leave the man alone. When Namjoon sensed it, he yanked Jin back into the driver's seat. 

" Damn Kim Namjoon just let me have a peaceful day! " 

"I already gave you a week! " 

" You're fucking impossible! Do you think I was at ease for the past week you treated me like I am invisible?! You don't know how awful it feels like! Gosh, I don't even know why I'm feeling this way! You- " 

" Stop saying things as if you're the only one who's feeling it! Isn't that what you asked for? "

Jin went silent. Namjoon chuckles and gazed outside the window.

" You told me to keep our boss and employee relationship. I gave what you wanted even if I was only fooling myself. Is it too hard to forgive something that you, yourself, caused? Is it really that hard to give me a chance to redeem my mistake? "

Jin was stoned in his seat. Silence again prevailed the car. For a minute they stayed that way not until Namjoon removed his own seatbelt and walked outside of the luxurious car. In panic, Jin rushed out to chase his boss. 

" Mr. Kim! " Jin called out. " Mr. Kim! "

" Namjoon-ah! " With a sweet smile, Namjoon turned around facing the sweaty Seokjin who's hands are placed on his knees-grasping for air. " What? " 

" Mianhe...let's go back inside the car please... " Jin pleaded.

Namjoon chuckled and ruffled Jin's hair that was surprisingly soft and silky.

" Silly. We're already in front of the mall. " 

A/N: Hi! I'm back! My fever already went down and I can now face the screen without feeling dizzy! Special thanks to an avid reader who left a message for me when I posted that I was sick. You know who you are! I appreciate it very much! I love you!

Drop your thoughts in the comment section and click the vote button if you liked the chapter! Thank you in advance!

-author-nim